Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Gamifive has billed my account for something I didnt want or subscibe to. How do I get koodo to stop allowing 3rd party billing.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Unsubscribe directly using Gamifive site: http://support.mobivillage.ca/applicationpagemobi?applicationid=GAMIFIVE&gclid=CJrZgdD_orgCFSFyQgodWR4AOg
can I block 3rd party billing at koodos end
Userlevel 1
Dan V Adams wrote:

send big "STOP" message to that 3rd party using company short code. (xxxxx)
Dan V Adams wrote:

STOP
Koodo does not have any way to be able to block 3rd party services. The best you can do is unsubscribe if your number ends up on their list. Most of the time, it's because your number was previously used and the previous user did not unsubscribe.
AlexiKrov wrote:

Koodo does not have any way to be able to block 3rd party services. The best you can do is unsubs...

That sucks.. Thanks for your help
Userlevel 6
AlexiKrov wrote:

Koodo does not have any way to be able to block 3rd party services. The best you can do is unsubs...

No other phone company can block these specifically. You should be able to just simply respond 'stop' to the texts they send you to unsubscribe.
Userlevel 7
AlexiKrov wrote:

If it continues after texting stop, change your number.
Same thing happened to me today while I was at work. Had my phone in my back pocket and when i looked at it apparently I was signed up to gamifive which ive never even heard of before but somehow i signed up to it using only my ass. If i get a $10 charge on my phone bill ill switch providers to someone who blocks 3rd partys charging to your phone.
Userlevel 7
Will Osmond wrote:

Same thing happened to me today while I was at work. Had my phone in my back pocket and when i lo...

Will, read this entire thread and follow the instructions provided. Since its not Koodo providing the charge they can't stop it. Btw even if you ported your number to another provider the messages will continue.