Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Fraud?

I recieved a call from an odd number 01123221638838 and it was a recording and it stated "this is canadian packet your packet has arived please quote 5526 when you call". but it didn't leave a number so i redialed and it informed me that this number was associated wioth frauldulant behavior and i was to contact my service provider. has anyone else recieved this or do youknow anything about it and how and who do i contact regarding this? Please Help Many Thanx! Tanya.

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Yes, I got a few of those. They are spam calls. Next time you see a call like that with 011 just ignore it. Don't call back for sure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
011 is most likely international calls. So if you don't have friend and family away in Europe don't answer
thank you for your help but i'm still concerned that because they said it was fraud has my account been charged anything or hacked as some would say?
Userlevel 2
total scam..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you got an automated warning that the number is associated with fraudulent activity that means you never actually got through to the number. The phone system blocked you from calling it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there, For this issue you would need to call Koodo directly becasue we can not verify this. Dial *611 from your cellphone or

Thank you Timo Tuokkola and Robert you've been very helpful! 🙂
i received the same exact call today and also they told me to call them and quote 5526 . then i saw your message and i figured that's impossible to get a package for two persons with the same number , also there is no package tracking number from only 4 digits . 2 nd , i have a friend who works in fraud cx service , and he told me they call in person and when they leave a voice mail they leave all the details including a phone number to call them back and the agent name ... don't worry about it
Rami Fef wrote:

i received the same exact call today and also they told me to call them and quote 5526 . then i s...

Haha, i just received the exact number call with exact tracking number. Google recognized it as coming from sierra leone (where my dad works) but good to know it was just a fraudulent call and nothing more.
Kind of funny how most of us feel compelled to answer any call we get. I only answer calls from numbers that my phone recognizes and associates with a contact. Friends that change numbers usually send out a mass text/email about it, so that handles the edge cases.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mel wrote:

Kind of funny how most of us feel compelled to answer any call we get. I only answer calls from n...

And those not in my list can leave a VM if they feel their issue sufficiently important.
some of us have friends overseas who call from Google phone or magicjack
Received call from this number at 4 a.m. today. Did not answer as was not European area code where have relatives and felt might be scam.
Userlevel 7
Andree B wrote:

Received call from this number at 4 a.m. today. Did not answer as was not European area code whe...

Everyone gets these types of phone calls at least once in their lifetime. Some people more. Either just ignore them or answer and hang up right away which is what I do sometimes.