Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Five Faves not such a good deal???

I added an extra to my plan - the five favorites. It was supposed to cost 10 bucks a month but I just looked at my bill and it has charged me 18.67. What gives?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's proration, you were charged for the part month you added (so from the day you added it till the end of that billing cycle) plus a month in advance. It's the same thing as when you first signed up your first bill was prorated, you were billed for the part month from the day you signed up till the end of that billing cycle plus one month in advance. Your next bill you will only be charged for a month and it will be $10 and for every month after that as long as you keep it on your account. When changing your plan or adding ad on's it's always best to do at the end of your billing cycle, so a day or two before your billing cycle ends to lessen the proration charge for the part month your adding it. You must of added it near the start of your billing cycle.
Userlevel 1
$8.67 for what part you used before end of billing cycle. $10.00 is for your whole entire next billing cycle. then $10.00 for the next billing cycle and so on...
Userlevel 3
It's their way of saying thanks sucker!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bill Melater wrote:

What are you talking about Bill it's completely normal & isn't present with alot of other carriers because once you choose a plan your basically locked into that plan for the duration of your contract. With koodo you can grab a better plan if it comes along no questions asked. I don't know how anyone is a sucked in this instance.
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

I'm just spewing Paul..... I'm really pissed off with Koodo, and I myself feel they sucked me in, with misrepresentation and false advertising. Thus, I have nothing good to say about Koodo at this point, and I will continue to express my discontent with their business practices, until my issues are addressed by CSR, and rectified.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bill Melater wrote:

Haha didn't realize I was replying to the same person at first. Like I said call customer service and just keep cool & they'll get your issue solved. I'm sure it's just a simple mistake of some sort.
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

>>>Paul ...If you're curious as to why I'm so pissed.....Look up the "$50 Bonus.gift" thread. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bill Melater wrote:

Just spewing is a very quick way to get your posting privileges here suspended. I'm sorry that you are having an issue (and I've responded to your post), but "spewing" on other posts will not make your problem solved any sooner. The vast majority of us here are not employees. Some are, and aren't marked as such because answering questions here isn't in the scope of their duties and they cannot help you with anything in an official capacity. We're all here to help you to the best of our abilities and the only way billing issues will be addressed is by you phoning the customer service department (611 from your Koodo mobile, or 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337 from any non-Koodo mobile or landline).
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

I will cool my jets for now, and try to resolve my 2 issues with Koodo today. I feel I have legitimate issues, and they are not being addressed correctly. When I contacted Koodo CSR the other day, they assured me I was going to receive my "Bonus.gifts", and then they go and change their promo wording. How am I supposed to be comfortable with anything Koodo says/does at this point? I won't crap on any other threads for now.....
Userlevel 2
Bill Melater wrote:

The.gift card is not a legitimate issue. The CSR you spoke to may have misunderstood what you were talking about. You have various confirmations that you won't be getting any further.gift cards because you already received one from a retail partner that you activated on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bill Melater wrote:

The promo wording may have been changed in order to minimize any confusion as evident in your specific case, or it may be completely unrelated to it.
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

If they had to change the wording because of this, then that would signify to me, that I have a legitimate case. I know it's only $100, and it's a drop in the bucket. However, I will continue to stand up for what I believe I am owed until such time as they say I'm not, and that will end the honeymoon....... As for the possible misunderstanding by the CSR..... There was no misunderstanding. I spoke clearly, understandably, and repeated the details at least twice. If there is any misunderstanding, it's due to a internal issue/mix-up at Koodo. I shouldn't have to be penalized for their possible error..... I'm fighting a losing battle here, I know. You all have the experience and I'm the new guy. You think you know better than me, and you should. However, I am the consumer, and if Koodo values their customers, they will honour their advertised package which is what I based my purchases on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bill Melater wrote:

We are all consumers, so it's not like you're "fighting Koodo" here. You've been told repeatedly that we cannot address this issue - and it doesn't matter whether it's real or perceived. Again fighting any battle here is futile. All we can do is give advice and opinion - none of which will address your concern directly.