Koodo Community
Solved

First Month bill :?

• 30 September 2020
  • 4 replies

I activated a new line at my local Koodo store over a week ago (was charged $44.80 that day for the sim card activation) I got my first bill today, and this time I’m charged for the “connection fee ($40)” 

Is the activation fee different from the connection fee? I also thought the connection fee should be waved when a customer activates a brand new line. 

Let me know if I was correctly charged for the appropriate fees. 

icon

Best answer by Dennis 30 September 2020, 22:49

In what cases does Koodo actually waive the connection fee for new customers? I activated a brand new line as a new customer. 

The connection fee is waived for online order/signups.  Or if Koodo is running a promo they may waive the connection fee.

Regarding Tom Harris Cell, this in-store fee is purely for them that they have added for their service and not tied to Koodo.  You will need to speak with the store regarding this fee.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The $40 connection fee is always charged via your bill and never in store.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/charges-explained

If you got charged a fee in-store it may be for something else?  What does the instore receipt say?  Which store was this?  I assume it was not at a Koodo kiosk and at a 3rd party boutique?

They said in the store it was the activation fee. The receipt doesn’t say much.. the store is called Tom Harris Cell in Vernon. I guess its one of the 3rd party boutiques.. 

In what cases does Koodo actually waive the connection fee for new customers? I activated a brand new line as a new customer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The connection fee is waived for online order/signups.  Or if Koodo is running a promo they may waive the connection fee.

Regarding Tom Harris Cell, this in-store fee is purely for them that they have added for their service and not tied to Koodo.  You will need to speak with the store regarding this fee.