Koodo Community

Community

Solved

First month bill

I opened a new account on Dec.3, the plan is $36 per month . Today I received the first bill ,I need pay $48.8 . Can anybody tell me why 7 days they charge me so much?

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Because it's proration. You still have to pay for the days from when you activated to the end of your billing cycle.
Userlevel 3
Myke wrote:

Because it's proration. You still have to pay for the days from when you activated to the end of ...

Plus another 30 days on top of that! 🙂 Next month assuming you don't go over you'll see your bill be a flat monthly rate plus taxes of course!
Myke wrote:

Because it's proration. You still have to pay for the days from when you activated to the end of ...

:)
Userlevel 2
Your first bill covers your usage from the day you activated your phone to the start of your billing cycle, plus your following months billing cycle. This would have been explained to you by the Koodo rep if you were paying attention.
Userlevel 3
quasarito wrote:

Your first bill covers your usage from the day you activated your phone to the start of your bill...

Uncalled for IMO.
Userlevel 2
quasarito wrote:

Your first bill covers your usage from the day you activated your phone to the start of your bill...

Yours is uncalled for Bill. Yours doesn't really add anything.
Userlevel 3
quasarito wrote:

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough Myke. The statement which quassarito made regarding paying attention is degrading, and should not be tolerated. It incites a level of incapacity, and does not in any way add to any explanation/understanding of the OP's concern. Clear enough?
Userlevel 2
quasarito wrote:

Actually, it's not. A lot of customers generally don't pay attention to the information about the plan that they are told about initially. There is no need to come here and be a white knight for other posters.
quasarito wrote:

Actually, I'm not feel comfortable about quasarito's reply. I did pay attention to the Koodo rep, I just like to come here to verify what I have understanding. Anyway, Thank you guys.
Userlevel 7
quasarito wrote:

Ummm... sales reps aren't perfect and there's a very good possibility that the rep didn't explain it? I know I've forgotten a few times myself. Everyone makes mistakes.
quasarito wrote:

I do alot of reading here, not much posting. I have to agree with bill. Also even though im still a noob, you guys need to chill out.
Userlevel 2
quasarito wrote:

We are plenty chill.
thanks!