Koodo Community
Solved

First bill started before service began

• 21 September 2018
  • 9 replies

Hey there. I signed up for Koodo on September 8, then received and activated the SIM card on September 15. However, Koodo says that my billing cycle begins on September 9. That doesn't make sense to me because I didn't have service until September 15.

Why would I pay for service covering September 9 to 14 when there was no service?

Shouldn't September 15 be the start date of my first bill?
icon

Best answer by Mayumi 21 September 2018, 18:30

Oh, I thought you activated your SIM. It seems happens sometimes that you receive non-avtivated SIM and you needed to contact Koodo to activate it...

Koodo activate your SIM after you purchased it and send it to you as David said.
The comment from Bernard in this link might help too.
https://community.koodomobile.com/billing-66726/when-will-i-start-getting-charged-if-i-haven-t-received-my-sim-card-for-plan-7700369
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you actually received your bill?
If so, can you check your Ebill to see if its includes service charge from 9th to 14th?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there nickh!

Did you receive your first bill? If yes, are you being charged since Sep 8?
Hi @Mayumi and @Camilo_A. I've received my first bill and there's a partial charge for September 8-9, and a monthly charge for September 10 to October 9. Here's a screenshot from the bill:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just a note: *YOU* don’t activate the SIM, Koodo does, based on the expected delivery date. Their goal is your SIM arrives activated, so you can use it immediately. Seems delivery was delayed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh, I thought you activated your SIM. It seems happens sometimes that you receive non-avtivated SIM and you needed to contact Koodo to activate it...

Koodo activate your SIM after you purchased it and send it to you as David said.
The comment from Bernard in this link might help too.
https://community.koodomobile.com/billing-66726/when-will-i-start-getting-charged-if-i-haven-t-received-my-sim-card-for-plan-7700369
Ah yes, you're right. I didn't need to activate my SIM card, but I did need to create a Self-Serve account. Considering that I didn't start using the SIM card until September 15, will Koodo adjust my billing cycle to reflect that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That may depend on when first delivery attempt of the SIM was, not when you set up your self-serve account. Koodo does not usually make adjustments for issues outside their control.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you absolutely sure you placed your webstore order on September 8 and you received the sim and activation email on Sept15?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ah yes, you're right. I didn't need to activate my SIM card, but I did need to create a Self-Serve account. Considering that I didn't start using the SIM card until September 15, will Koodo adjust my billing cycle to reflect that?

So, you received your SIM before September 15th, but
you just didn’t use it until 15th?
The day you start using your SIM doesn’t reflect your billing cycle.
They don’t usually adjust your bill neither for delaying using SIM.