Koodo Community
Question

first bill question

• 24 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I signed up for a plan with Koodo on Sept 27 cause it needed to be done by end of month. I activated the SIM on the network for the first time Oct 8th. I’m need to understand why I’m being billed $15 from Sep 27 To Oct 05 when I didn’t start using Koodo until Oct 8 th. Can anyone please explain. thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah Koodo is doing imo something that shouldn't be legal, and that's charging you for a service you couldn't possibly have used yet. Send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to request it being credited. I hear they generally do it because I sincerely doubt that they'd beat a CCTS complaint over this one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo charges based on when the sim is expected to arrive.  So if it arrived on Sept30 and you didnt use it until Oct8, then koodo can still charge you from Sept.30-oct8

I had the same problem, I called them in advance so I could start using my phone on a certain day and they charged me from close to the time i called, making me pay for 7 days of use before I put my SIM CARD into my phone and they also put my pay period outside my sign up date and different from the day I started using my SIM card.  I did not even call Koodo I called Telus who signed me up with Koodo.  This is stealing fo rsure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had the same problem, I called them in advance so I could start using my phone on a certain day and they charged me from close to the time i called, making me pay for 7 days of use before I put my SIM CARD into my phone and they also put my pay period outside my sign up date and different from the day I started using my SIM card.  I did not even call Koodo I called Telus who signed me up with Koodo.  This is stealing fo rsure.

You cannot choose your bill date.  And Koodo doesnt know or care when you use your sim.  As long as you have your sim they are charging you.  Koodo doesnt post date activations.  If you dont need the sim yet, do not commit to signing up until you are ready.

If the delivery is late you can contact Koodo to inform them and they will credit you for those days charged prior to you receiving your sim.