Koodo Community
Solved

first bill has two full months plus several prorated days

• 25 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,

So I've been with koodo for since Oct 12th ( today is Oct 25th).

On the 16th, I received my first invoice.
the invoice appears as followes:

$9.17 for partial charges
$56.46 monthly
another $56.00 monthly
$30 for signup.

i understand the partial, the initial monthly and the signup.
but why is there an additional monthly?
icon

Best answer by Chris Koodo 26 October 2018, 15:05

Hey Tobiah! The duplicate charge was caused because the phone number was changed on the day your new cycle started. This means that your new and old number were billed for the full month because the system did not get a chance to apply a credit for the old line before the invoice was generated. You can expect the automatic adjustment to appear on your next invoice 🙂
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi
Koodo charge you one month ahead as explained here https://www.koodomobile.com/help/charges-explained

However, you mentioned about 2 additional month $56.46 and another $56 differently, What was the total amount? Have you check your pdf bill in self serve (normally page 3 would summarize the detail). Did they give you credit back to balance the amount?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you give the dates on page 3 of your bill for the two monthly charges?
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hey Tobiah! The duplicate charge was caused because the phone number was changed on the day your new cycle started. This means that your new and old number were billed for the full month because the system did not get a chance to apply a credit for the old line before the invoice was generated. You can expect the automatic adjustment to appear on your next invoice 🙂