Koodo Community

Community

Solved

First Bill Charges

I got my first bill. My plan is $60/month, but my charges were
Apr 15-17 --> $60 monthly charge
Apr 15-17 --> $6 partial charge
and taxes, which totaled $75. Am I suppose to get charged for a whole month for just 2 days of service? And what are the partial charges for?
Thanks in advance!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill
does that mean they won't charge me at the end of my first billing cycle?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No. It means they won't charge you at the end of your last.
thanks!

I have the same issue, and my question is if they are charging me for the next month in advance, why are they mentioning the bill to be dated for the period i have been a customer. I got my first Koodo connection on the 19th December. and under the period, 19-25, there is a monthly charge. If it is for the next month, why doesn't it say

19 Dec to 25 Dec - Partial charges
25 Dec to 25 Jan - Monthly charges

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill
Hi, thanks for sharing the link. I saw the link and the video with it earlier and that's why I asked my question. In the video, the monthly charges are shown for the next period while the partial charges are for the period from the date of the new connection. If you see around the 0:15 mark, it says the Partial charges (Nov 3 - Nov 5), and in the lines below are the monthly charges with the time (Nov 6 - Dec 5). My bill on the other hand has both the monthly and partial charges for the same period, Dec 19 - Dec 25, which is the same problem that Rebecca seems to have too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Muaz - based on on your description above, it sounds like you may be looking at the billing overview displayed in Self Serve, and not the detailed PDF ebill - as David suggested below. Sounds like the overview summary may not be displaying info. for the first bill correctly - which I'll flag with the team to look into. If you download and look at the bill itself [click 'Download bill (PDF)"] in the upper right corner where you see the summary, you'll see that it's in fact showing correctly - below is a screen grab from your bill.

Hi Ranjan, thank you for clarifying it. I've clicked the download PDF option in the upper right corner as David suggested, but it just opened the following details for me, which seemed like a detailed description of my bill so I was under the impression that those are the details. Thank you for sharing the screen grab. Would there be a reason that I am not able to access my bill in the PDF form? I have tried using different browsers and computers but it hasn't made a difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There should be a second link at the top of that summary that says download pdf.

Thanks Timo, but I've tried that, and on the phone it just keeps on circling and on the computer it just shows me the details I attached in the earlier comment. Maybe the second bill will download properly. Anyways, I'm satisfied with the screenshot by Ranjan of my pdf bill for now. Thanks for all your help everyone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you reviewed your PDF invoice in Self-serve? It contains all the fine details of your bill.

Sign into the self serve website.
Click view my bill.
Click download bill (pdf).
Review your bill, and we can try to answer questions arising from it.