Koodo Community

Community

Solved

first bill charged too much

I use the $ 40 plan. My mobile phone service has been opened at DEC 16, 2014. My first bill charged too much. What's the reason? I checked my bill.. The monthly bill (Dec 16 ~ Dec 25) is $ 65.91. Fee for 10 days (Dec 16~Dec 25) is $ 65.91. There are too much. I do not understand why!!! Why monthly service plans are $53.33? Is not $ 40? My plan is $40. And, What are other charges and credits $ 5.00 ???? except Tex HST $7.58 Anyway My fees were charged too much. I would like to know why. And, I has applied for pre-authorized payment. Are not the first charge pre-authorized? Do I pay directly from the phone(in koodo app)? Will it pay pre-authorized starts from second month?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
For the first part, that is proration. It is normal for billed services. You'll be charged for the days from when you activated up until your cycle date + the regular monthly service. So your first bill looks weird because of that. Now as for the 2nd part for the $5 charge, that is probably minute or data overages beyond what your plan encompasses. Page 3 of your bill will explain what happened in detail. For pre-authorized payments, yes, it will not be taken out of the first bill. It takes a full cycle for it to go through. You have to pay the first bill manually.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

For the first part, that is proration. It is normal for billed services. You'll be charged for th...

The $5 could also possibly be the tab charge if you took a medium Tab to get a phone cheaper at point of purchase from Koodo, if it's not overages. If that's the case then that $5 will be a charge that is on every bill each and every month for the next two years or until the tab is paid off in full.
Jonathan I wrote:

For the first part, that is proration. It is normal for billed services. You'll be charged for th...

ok that's right. I understood this part I have got a new phone(samsung galaxy note2) thank you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This will help explain your first bill http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This pro-ration + advance billing leaves a lot to be desired. In the US, Consumer Cellular will give you a free SIM and first bill of 0-30 days till your billing date, thereafter billing you for your full plan amount, and you can change your plan up to the last billing day to CYA if you have gone over. The above customer would have felt much better getting a Koodo bill now for ~1/3 month + taxes and fees. Would be talking it up with their friends on how good a deal it was. Regular billing would then kick in and everyone would be happy, except for Koodo who gets a month up front. Instead, many customers walk out of the store after paying almost double what they were expecting and leaving a bad taste in their mouths.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

This pro-ration + advance billing leaves a lot to be desired. In the US, Consumer Cellular wil...

What part of this helps the customer with their issue, am I missing something?
Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

This pro-ration + advance billing leaves a lot to be desired. In the US, Consumer Cellular wil...

^