Koodo Community

False Roaming Charges.

How can Koodo have the nerve to charge me $16.50 roaming in the US for eight hours, when I don't use the phone at all in the US?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Hi Terence You've posted in the Get Satisfaction community. Many companies use our software to host their online help communities. Could you let me know what company you are looking for? That way I can see if they are one of our customers and send your topic over to their company.
It is Koodo in Canada.
It is Koodo in Canada.Thanks Terence! I moved your problem to the correct community.
Userlevel 3
It is Koodo in Canada.Why are you getting involved here Camilla? Unless you have an answer for terence.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is Koodo in Canada.@@emil he posted in getsats general forum. She moved it to koodo
Userlevel 3
It is Koodo in Canada.Ooooopppsss....ok totally my bad....I didn't think that was possible. My sincerest apologies Camilla.
Userlevel 1
Hi Terrence, just trying to get a little more info here: Were you actually in the U.S. while the charges were being accrued, or anywhere near the border? Your phone may have switched to Roaming use without you noticing. Background apps running background data tend to be responsible for a lot of phantom charges these days.
Userlevel 1
Hi Terrence, just trying to get a little more info here: Were you actually in the U.S. while t...I ask because this is a forum where we can try and help answer your questions, but we don't have any access to your bill or account or such.
Userlevel 5
Hi Terrence, just trying to get a little more info here: Were you actually in the U.S. while t...Another possibility is if you received text messages, those would be chargeable when you are outside the country as well without a roaming package.
Hi Terrence, just trying to get a little more info here: Were you actually in the U.S. while t...Roaming is switched off. Data also. The phone was not ever used in the US. If I get a call down there, I take note of the call display #. That is all - then I call them using my US cell phone. These charges cannot be for simply having the phone with me is the US!
Userlevel 3
Hi Terrence, just trying to get a little more info here: Were you actually in the U.S. while t...Yes they could be Terence. What roaming charges were these? Data or voice? Since your phone was actually on you may not have had the proper settings on. It happened to me. Anyways if you cll koodo nd explin the situation they tend to be pretty fair with you.
Userlevel 6
Hi Terrence, just trying to get a little more info here: Were you actually in the U.S. while t...If you did make a call it's easy to find out. JUst look at your detailed billing and if there is a US area code you called than likely the charges are valid. For data roaming it's not as simple to find out.