Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Failed Data Format Validation

Hey guys, I'm just trying to port in my old number via self serve and everytime I answer all the questions such as account info and pin info, after I hit submit it says Failed Data Format Validation. What can I do to resolve this?
icon

Best answer by Kristoffer Wood 24 September 2017, 03:40

This can occur if you enter a SERIAL no instead of the IMEI of the phone. I know it says "SERIAL NO"...but it wants IMEI. lol...sorry to post in an old thread but someone else might need help!

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Philip.

I think some information you are entering isn't in the good format. Maybe the date, or some other information. I've never ported a number but that's what I think the problem might be.

Have you tried another browser maybe?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Philip.

I think some information you are entering isn't in the good format. Maybe the date...

Have you checked to see if your number can actually be moved?
https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherpo...
Robert wrote:

Hello Philip.

I think some information you are entering isn't in the good format. Maybe the date...

Hey guys, Rechecked all info, it's all correct. Tried it with a different browser and it still didn't work. Checked eligibility and it is good. I think I'll just call the number and use that. Unless you have any other suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Philip.

Hello Philip,

I have no other suggestion that comes in mind. Maybe someone else on the community has. 
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Hello Philip.

If you call, they'll quote a $10 fee to do the port request for you, but if you mention that you were unable to do it yourself in self-serve, they should be able to waive it.
I've done port requests via mobile browsing flawlessly. Only suggestion is to not waste time, sometimes it times out. Once you're on the port request form, try to fill it out and submit within a couple minutes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You're not entering any dashes or spaces in account numbers, are you? If you're copy and pasting any information, check to make sure it isn't inserting extra whitespace at the end of the number.
Userlevel 1
This can occur if you enter a SERIAL no instead of the IMEI of the phone. I know it says "SERIAL NO"...but it wants IMEI. lol...sorry to post in an old thread but someone else might need help!
Kristoffer Wood wrote:

This can occur if you enter a SERIAL no instead of the IMEI of the phone. I know it says "SERIAL ...

Thanks for this, that was the problem. Weird that this is still asking for serial number.
Kristoffer Wood wrote:

This can occur if you enter a SERIAL no instead of the IMEI of the phone. I know it says "SERIAL ...

Thanks Kristoffer! Commenting on this to hopefully increase visibility.

Koodo - can that language on your ancient /portmynumber page!
Kristoffer Wood wrote:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kristoffer Wood wrote:

Yeah! What they said. Frickin' bad instructions...GRR!
Kristoffer Wood wrote:

This was the answer that worked for me.
Kristoffer Wood wrote:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.  That was so misleading!
Kristoffer Wood wrote:

THANK YOU!! Koodo should simply change to "IMEI no."  but that would be too difficult and they'd lose the $10 as most people give up and call support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kristoffer Wood wrote:

It doesn't cost $10 to contact support. It costs $10 for support to do things you can do yourself via selfserve.
If something isn't working as intended, or you just want to ask a question then it is free of charge.
Kristoffer Wood wrote:

This can occur if you enter a SERIAL no instead of the IMEI of the phone. I know it says "SERIAL NO"...but it wants IMEI.

This is what fixed it for me. What bad instructions! Why doesn't Koodo change it?????