Koodo Community
Question

Extra charge for rate plan change

• 30 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I am being charged extra $10 for rate plan changes + prorating my phone plan and adjustments; 

Does anybody know why  is that and how I can reverse that?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7

The general policy is to charge for using a ‘live’ agent for activities that you can perform by yourself via your self serve account. If this is not the case, contact koodo via a call back and try to reverse the charge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you change it through self serve? Then ithe charge shouldn’t be there.

Did you ask a rep to change your plan?  Then there is a charge for it.

If you tried it through self serve and the system didn’t allow it because of glitch, then they they usually fix it for you free of charge. But, you have to mention them the system didn’t work.

Is your situation apply one of those cases?  Or something different things happened?

I try to use self serve but I was not able to it did not give me the option to change, I told the customer care too, and he explain what would be my next bill, but when I got my bill it had an extra  rate plan change charges as well;

Finding them through their chat system also took me a while it does not understand my accent and when I use the chat also keep repeating same questions that does not apply to me or says that I dont understand…. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I try to use self serve but I was not able to it did not give me the option to change, I told the customer care too, and he explain what would be my next bill, but when I got my bill it had an extra  rate plan change charges as well;

Finding them through their chat system also took me a while it does not understand my accent and when I use the chat also keep repeating same questions that does not apply to me or says that I dont understand…. 

Do you see credit for “ rate plan change” fee?

And you mentioned the system didn’t give you the option to change. Is that mean you tried to change to different Tab size categories or née plan wasn’t eligible for you?

Either way, you should set up call back to dispute the fee. If it was system error prevented to change the plan ( and you mentioned it to them), then  there shouldn’t be the charge. 
If there was another reason to apply the charge, then they can explain it to you.

Ok, thanks,