Koodo Community
Solved

Extra charge for incoming/outgoing calls

Hey guys, can anybody explain me why Koodo charged me extra 90 dollars for local air-time minutes (picture attached)? I am very confused now, because I am not in Calgary anymore and I just got e-mail from them yesterday that I owe them some money. I cancelled my plan due to my leaving 10 days after start of new period. I got charged even for incoming calls, is it normal? Can anybody explain it to me, please, before I pay it, because they already charged us some extra money in the past and in the end we did not have to pay it because somebody made some mistake. And it is not just few dollars. Thank you very much!

icon

Best answer by Dinh 18 January 2019, 22:18

hi,
What plan did you have? and how many minutes was included in the plan? Was it a plan with 500 minutes? if your plan had a total of 500 minutes and you canceled in the middle of a cycle (10 or 11 days of usage?), your minute allowance should be 500/30 x 11 = 183.3 = 184 minutes.

It might be the reason for the minutes overage there.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You used 395 local minutes, which wasn't covered under your plan (which appears to include 244 local minutes. My guess is that this is prorated, as 244 isn't a round number (including only the days the service was active).

As for incoming calls - if you do not have unlimited airtime or free incoming calls specified under your plan terms, then you are charged for both incoming and outgoing calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
What plan did you have? and how many minutes was included in the plan? Was it a plan with 500 minutes? if your plan had a total of 500 minutes and you canceled in the middle of a cycle (10 or 11 days of usage?), your minute allowance should be 500/30 x 11 = 183.3 = 184 minutes.

It might be the reason for the minutes overage there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What Dinh said looks like the case.
11 days usage reflected as the 184 included minutes.
60 min that were free (free evening and weekend calls)
And 151 minutes of overage @ $0.60/min = $90.60
Badge +4
I have heard of Koodo not cancelling plans/accounts with limited minutes till the billing cycle has ended so things like this don't happen. Your monthly plan cost would've been alot cheaper than what they have charged you because of proration and cancelling 10 days into your billing cycle. I would call them and ask for that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Mats,
The OP may have requested immediate cancellation.
Hey guys, thanks for all your replies, I really appreciate. Is there any chance to reach them other way than just call them? I am back in my country and it would cost me much more than I have to pay. But I did not find any e-mail address. I got 500 minutes, but the thing is that when I cancelled it, they gave me back 30 dollars and then more than month later they asked for those 90 dollars. It just did not make me any sense why I have to pay more than I usually pay which was something around 50 dollars. It would have been cheaper for me to leave it and pay for whole month and when I talked to the guy, he did not tell me nothing about it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
michalb wrote:

Hey guys, thanks for all your replies, I really appreciate. Is there any chance to reach them other way than just call them? I am back in my country and it would cost me much more than I have to pay. But I did not find any e-mail address. I got 500 minutes, but the thing is that when I cancelled it, they gave me back 30 dollars and then more than month later they asked for those 90 dollars. It just did not make me any sense why I have to pay more than I usually pay which was something around 50 dollars. It would have been cheaper for me to leave it and pay for whole month and when I talked to the guy, he did not tell me nothing about it.

Everything got prorated like mentioned above when you cancelled, that's why you paid more.
Unfortunately the only way you contact Koodo at the moment is by phone. You can call their toll free number via Skype or once their authentication tool is back online, you can message them via facebook or twitter.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hi michalb! If you are overseas, you can reach Customer Care at this number: (international access code) + 1 + 647-788-4337 by phone or by using an Instant messaging app like Skype to do so, as mentioned by Allan.

Thanks 🙂