Koodo Community

Community

Question

Ex owes but if goes to another carrier will new phone and keeps old number will koodo let him use the same number

5 replies

Userlevel 7
You can port your number to a new carrier if you have the account password and pin. Once you port the number it cannot be used with the old account. It cancels the service for that line with the old carrier.
But he owed alot of money $$$$and he made arrangements to pay but has defaulted service was scheduled to be cancelled he will still be able to use that number? I can't believe he gets away with that and I had to unlock my phone and change carriers and get prepaid for me and my son..should be a law against not paying but still keeping a number when you owe money
Userlevel 7
unknown wrote:

But he owed alot of money $$$$and he made arrangements to pay but has defaulted service was sched...

If he owes money, the number may not have been eligible for porting. There's no law against not paying your bill unfortunately. His credit will be damaged if he is the responsible party on the account.
unknown wrote:

But he owed alot of money $$$$and he made arrangements to pay but has defaulted service was sched...

But his phone number was ported..it was working yesterday although his plan was to be cancelled because of non payment if he did not pay his arranged psyment..i was hoping that somehow koodo would not let him use the number but i guess he got away with it and me and my son on the other hand got shafted thanks for replying5
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
unknown wrote:

Hello there,

That is very unfortunate, but I'm sure a Good employee could shed some light about that situation. If it's his credit card that is on file, he will be the one that will get the visit of the collection agency.