Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Emailing Koodo

What happened to the "email us" option on the Contact page?  I have to contact Koodo every month to dispute errant roaming charges (incurred by living within close proximity of a US tower) and prefer not having to sit on the phone for 10+ minutes each time.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Shaiyela,

You can contact Koodo via facebook. You can also deactivate roaming on your cell phone to stop this from happening every month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Shaiyela,

You can contact Koodo via facebook. You can also deactivate roaming on your cell ph...

Excellent advice!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Please direct message us of Facebook. That said, you shouldn't have to contact us every month. The "accidental roaming" could be resolved by settings your phone to "home only".
Bernard wrote:

Please direct message us of Facebook. That said, you shouldn't have to contact us every month. Th...

The problem is, my phone switches over a couple times a month.  If my phone was always set to "home only", there would be large blocks of time where I am unable to use my phone.  At least when it roams to the US, I can still use it in my own home.
Userlevel 7
Bernard wrote:

Please direct message us of Facebook. That said, you shouldn't have to contact us every month. Th...

Except you will keep getting charged for roaming. The phone will pickup whichever tower it can get the best signal. If you stop it form accessing US towers, you will only connect to Koodo towers. What city are you located in Shaiyela?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

On Android: Settings => Mobile Networks => Network Operators === deselect automatic. Choose Koodo only. Handset should pick up Koodo and Canadian extended service but not US.
Userlevel 6
After a quick websearch, found TopLevelService@koodomobile.com. I'd recommend saving that email address.
To avoid the roaming, I would imagine you have wifi at home? Maybe get a Canadian phone number from an app and forward calls from the Koodo line to the app phone number and receive the calls in the app. A small hassle, but might save you a fair bit on roaming charges.
Userlevel 7
titaniumtux wrote:

After a quick websearch, found

titaniumtux wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote: