Koodo Community
Question

duplicate charges after my phone number was changed-topic has been closed for comments

• 30 August 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
I've just posted this yesterday, today my topic has been closed for comments??!
"Very frustrating experience with Koodo's charges and it's incompetent Customer Service.
I've added a new line and shortly after noticed on my bill a duplicate charge on the same line, for my old and new phone number. Spent over an hour with CSR, completely unqualified, who told me that it is some kind of partial charges...requested to talk to the management team, who finally explained that duplicate charge was caused because the phone number was changed on the day my new cycle started, which means that my new and old number were billed for the full month. Unfortunately the system did not apply a credit after the invoice has been generated. Can I expect an adjustment on my bill on line in couple of days, or do I have to wait for the automatic adjustment to appear on my next invoice? On top of all this, noticed that my other line's plan has been increased by $3 without any notification!"
Forgot to add, received my new phone 3 days after order placed, but charged from the day it was ordered...
are all these charges by Koodo's system intentionally? there is so many unhappy customers affected by this problem, and nothing has been done about it....shouldn't my account be adjusted right away, if there is an issue on Koodo's side, that's what other providers do anyway...
hope my topic will not be closed again for comments, looking forward to sensible answers and suggestions!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Evcia someone is going to reach out to you and explain and if need be fix things. Looks like you may have already talked to someone though and they shared with you that the credit is applied in the same bill cycle. Is that not the case? Pls let us know.
Userlevel 5
Because Koodo Rep knew that if he did not close the thread after deleting my comment, I would have posted proof of what I wrote. This is a known bug, well, at least known by me. If you make changes during a specific timeframe on the first day of your billing cycle, you will be double charged, and you will be refunded automatically only on the next bill. If a rep manually refunds you, then you are in luck, and you are getting double refunds. If Koodo Rep does not believe it, he can try it.
Userlevel 1
@Evcia someone is going to reach out to you and explain and if need be fix things. Looks like you may have already talked to someone though and they shared with you that the credit is applied in the same bill cycle. Is that not the case? Pls let us know.
I wasn't happy with all the answers from customer service:
can I see my adjusted bill on Koodo self serve?
I understand I should get a full credit of $56.50 for the number:
xxx-xx-3352 $50 4GB 500 min Plan SFD 50.00 - - 50.00 6.50 56.50
Userlevel 1

I have been reached out by Chris from Koodo, and I simply cannot find words to appreciate his help.
Chris has explained and fixed all the issues I was dealing with lately. I’m very pleased with his knowledge and an excellent customer service he provided today. I would like to acknowledge his professionalism and commitment to the highest level of customer’s satisfaction.
Chris, you are a role model of customer service! You made my day! Thank you!
Userlevel 5
@Bernard Koodo want to explain how exactly Chris fixed the bill? If the charges were just manually refunded without cancelling the automatic refund for the next bill, this is pretty good. OP got a free month of service, and I'll tell other people to come and ask for help here next time. If my identity was known, I'd do it on purpose every month and keep getting free service. 😏
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@triggered123 You are too much man. 🙂 There was no free month given, just simply explaining what happened and fix if there was anything incorrect.
Userlevel 5
@Bernard Koodo the question is simple. Was there a manual refund for the $56.5 plan charge or not? That is the key for an unintentional free month of service as a result of this bug that has existed for years.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hey @triggered123 ! As Bernard mentioned, there was no need to apply a manual credit for the month. Since we know the amount of the pending credit that will be applied on the next invoice, all a customer in a similar situation has to do is reduce their payment by the equivalent amount.

Any customer in a similar situation has 2 options:

1. Pay the full amount of the current invoice and receive a credit balance on the following invoice
  2. Only pay the difference between the full amount of the current bill and the pending credit
Please note that option 2 is only available under certain circumstances. A customer should contact Koodo to find out if this is an option for them.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. If you prefer you can always send us a private message on Facebook 🙂
Userlevel 5
So that is exactly what I explained and Koodo Rep deleted in the first thread. 🙄 The same explanation from me is in this thread as well.