Koodo Community

Community

Double charging

Why do I get double-charged for the same month? September was supposed to be my first full month, which was charged in my first bill, and now there's another bill for the same September cycle. How come?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you make any changes to your account such as porting in a number, etc?  If so, there will be an adjustment on your bill with both additional charges, and a refund amount. You can post your PDF bill here with personal information removed and the regulars will try to help you interpret the bill.

If this is your first month, please review this link
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi An - payment for your first bill was received (thank you!). The new bill only shows charges for the current month (Oct. 7 - Nov. 6). Where do you see that you're being charged twice?
Hi An, I guess you are seeing it as double-charged when you are looking at Self Serve-> Billing. But if you download the bill in .pdf then you would see the charge was actually for the upcoming billing cycle. I believe that's a minor glitch at UI level in Self serve. Probably@Ranjan can concur to this, and log this to the appropriate team for fix.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sometimes, you received your bill notification sooner than self serve E-bill is updated.
Give a day or two and log into self serve again. You will see your actual E-bill then.
Mayumi wrote:

Sometimes, you received your bill notification sooner than self serve E-bill is updated.
Give a d...

Mayumi, this bill date was on Oct 7. so logging today which is well above 1-2 days, is still showing as double charge for same month outside in the Billing menu, but actual pdf has it split up clearly for next cycle. i.e.Oct 7-Nov6 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Give a d...

So, do you see another charge of Sep 7 to Oct 6 on the PDF again?
If not, then you didn't get double charged.

You usually receive your bill notification 3 - 5 business days after the billing date.  
Oct 9th was holiday. So if your bill date is 7th, then it's still early to updated everything for this month's billing.