Koodo Community

Community

Don't understand why I can overpay my bill

Userlevel 1
Don't understand why I can overpay my bill but obviously I can't. Get the message "We are unable to accept an overpayment of more than 20 percent. The maximum payment you can make today is $0.00.". Why not allow me to pay a couple of months in advance?

4 replies

It's to prevent instances of fraud involving money. Generally this is only reserved for Credit Cards. You can do additional payments through your bank.
Userlevel 6
Some credit cards allow you to have a "cash advance", but usually the ceiling is lower than the actual limit of the card itself. By overpaying high amounts, you could theorically cancel your account with Koodo and ask them to mail you a cheque for your overpayments, effectively circumventing the cash advance ceiling put in place by your credit card issuer.
Userlevel 1
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Some credit cards allow you to have a "cash advance", but usually the ceiling is lower than the a...

Thanks. It wouldn't even occur to me to try such a scheme. I'm just stuck with a huge stack of almost useless Credit Card.gift cards and one of the suggestions I found was to use them to make advance payments on your phone bill but I guess that idea's time has passed due to fraud.
Userlevel 3
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Some credit cards allow you to have a "cash advance", but usually the ceiling is lower than the a...

I use them to buy groceries. I don't know how many you have or how hungry you are ... I usually get prepaid credit cards from mail in rebates, but how did you get a whole stack of them?