Koodo Community
Solved

don't understand huge data usage

• 25 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Normally I use less than half my data. This time I am halfway through my billing period and my data is almost used up. In looking at the bill, most of the high usage is happening when I am home. Is it possible to see what apps are being used during those times?

icon

Best answer by nim4165 25 September 2020, 23:09

On an android phone you can see the data usage per application. Some of the data is consumed due to background activity, which cam be disabled. In android, you may also select ‘Data Saver’ mode to reduce data usage.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

On an android phone you can see the data usage per application. Some of the data is consumed due to background activity, which cam be disabled. In android, you may also select ‘Data Saver’ mode to reduce data usage.

Userlevel 7

Android: Settings> Network&Internet> Data Usage> App data usage

Somebody from the Apple tribe may be help you through the equivalent  iPhone menus

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Android: Settings> Network&Internet> Data Usage> App data usage

Somebody from the Apple tribe may be help you through the equivalent  iPhone menus

You can do the same thing on iPhone too, But the data used will be based on when the data usage was last reset.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201299#:~:text=To%20see%20how%20much%20cellular%20data%20that%20you've%20used,it%20off%20for%20that%20app.