Koodo Community
Question

Does anyone else have a problem with the time when in Saskatchewan?

We just discovered in April that when we are in Saskatchewan Koodo is logging the time of our phone calls incorrectly. I think there is a problem with their system that has the time the same as Manitoba, even though this time of year it is the same as Alberta. This had burned up countless of our free minutes because we will make a call at 7 am when it should be free, but the system records it as 8 am, and uses up our minutes (we have free calling from 7 pm to 8 am). The phone itself shows the right time, since it's getting its time from the towers.

Anyone in Saskatchewan right now that can check what the internet call history is saying as their call time?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@BluBert By any chance you have a non Saskatchewan area code? Just trying to figure out what maybe happening. I can confirm it's not happening with people with an SK area code. It may not be the exact source of the issue but I'm trying to figure out.
Yes, it's an Alberta area code. As soon as we cross the border into Alberta the call times log correctly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
SK and AB have the same timezone right now so there should be no change when you cross the SK and AB border
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@BluBert Not sure what phone you have but makes sure it's set to automatic time zone checking as opposed to manual.
Dennis, I know. However, Koodo's airtime tracker doesn't seem to know. Our phone does not change time when we cross the border, but the time showing up under Koodo's selfserve airtime usage is changing as if the timezone were different.

Bernard, our phone does automatically change times with daylight savings time, and also whenever we cross a timezone. The problem isn't our phone, which accurately displays the time. The problem is somewhere in Koodo's system. I don't know if this is new, or has always been the case, since generally we don't use our phone much during the free hours while in Sask., but in April we did quite a bit, and were shocked to see all our minutes eaten up when we hadn't been talking during the times that they should have been.
We were assured last month that Koodo had found and fixed the problem, but we were in Saskatchewan again this weekend and made phone calls between 7 and 8 am on Monday and Tuesday, and it ate up 45 minutes!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Was it before the time change? Before daylight savings the SK time is the same as the MB TIME.

What was the date of the call?

Did this cost you any overage charges?
@Dennis It was after the time change (mid April the first time, yesterday and today the second time). Very familiar with the time zones having grown up in Saskatchewan, and now lived In Alberta for about 15 years. It did not cost an overage charge because we saw we were almost out of minutes and started investigating what had happened, and then talked to Koodo customer service who stuck a Free Anytime add-on on our account for the rest of April while they figured it out.

Since it hasn't actually been fixed, I'm trying to get someone else currently in Sask, who is not from there, to check their airtime and see if this is happening to them too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So you are saying your phone shows the correct time but your call log on your pdf ebill does not show the correct time?
@Dennis Yes. My phone does not have a problem, but my calls made in Saskatchewan are shown in Koodo's call log as being an hour later than they actually are. The time in the call log is correct when I am in Alberta.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'll flag this to a rep but I think they will need to open an investigation with one of their techs.
Userlevel 3
Hi there! We are undergoing an investigation and I've emailed the person in charge with the support ticket, and will let you know as soon as we have more info.
Userlevel 3
In order to help us with the investigation, would you be so kind to send us 2 screenshots, 1 of your self-serve, and 1 of your phone call log? You can message us in private on either Facebook or Twitter.
I have sent the screenshots through Facebook. Hopefully this can get fixed, since I was assured in April that it had been, but obviously it wasn't.