Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Do the 5 Essentials use airtime minutes?

Right now my $15 Canada-wide Plan includes 50 airtime minutes. If I add on the 5 essentials, and talk to my friend for an hour (who is one of the five), will it use up those airtime minutes and have to pay more?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
No. You can talk to anyone in your 5 essentials for as long as you want, where ever you want in Canada. Unlimited and Canada-wide.
Ahmad wrote:

No. You can talk to anyone in your 5 essentials for as long as you want, where ever you want in C...

what about txts?
Can I change my 5 essentials as often as I want?
Userlevel 7
Natasha Hesp wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's once per billing cycle... I haven't dealt with 5 essentials In a long time. Not too many people still get it.
Userlevel 7
Natasha Hesp wrote:

To confirm it IS once per billing cycle and the new number do not become active until the bill date rolls around.
Userlevel 7
Natasha Hesp wrote:

Chad, and you're positive about this (at this current moment)? Like did you ask or look it up. Not from your general knowledge of information.
Userlevel 7
Natasha Hesp wrote:

When I had five essentials that's how it worked. Unless it's changed. I tried looking it up in the faq but it doesn't mention when they become active.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natasha Hesp wrote:

I checked it on Koodo's website http://help.koodomobile.com/self-serve/self-serve-app/how-do-I-change-my-five-essentials-list
Userlevel 7
Natasha Hesp wrote:

That's why Jonathan and I were unsure because many companies have changed the way it's done, including telus (which is not that method anymore). Didn't want to give unconfirmed information.
Userlevel 4
Natasha Hesp wrote:

As an agent I can confirm what the above posters have said. Just figured I'd add that assurance since most of you know my employment already lol
Userlevel 7
Natasha Hesp wrote:

Tyler what exactly are you confirming?
Userlevel 4
Natasha Hesp wrote:

Derp. Forgot to add that part lol. Confirmation of the once per billing cycle change for the 5 essentials.
Userlevel 7
Natasha Hesp wrote:

Do the number changes become active right away or on the next bill date?
Userlevel 4
Natasha Hesp wrote:

The modification of the Five Essentials comes into effect pretty much right away. That is possible the reason they can only change once per billing cycle to avoid people constantly changing the number to, in essence, gain unlimited calling to anyone.
Userlevel 7
Natasha Hesp wrote:

Okay good to know for future use. Obviously this has changed since I used it. Would be good if the faq was updated as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natasha Hesp wrote:

Didn't they change it a while back to make one changed number effective immediately, with the rest effective next billing cycle? I haven't actually dealt with changes to the feature since then just new activations so I haven't checked the docs on it in months.
Userlevel 4
Natasha Hesp wrote:

Correction: If they modify the Five Essentials numbers, the change takes effect the next day. Any other changes to Five Essentials within the same bill cycle will take effect the NEXT billing cycle