Koodo Community
Question

Do I need to cancel my old plan in previous provide after transferring my number?

• 28 August 2020
  • 5 replies

as title

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Assuming you are currently with a different mobile service provider and are moving to Koodo, the answer depends on whether you plan to port your number to Koodo. If you do, you should keep your old plan active and advise your current provider of your intent to port out your number.  Wait until the number porting to Koodo has been successfully executed and then verify that your old account has been cancelled. If you do not wish to port out your number, you can cancel the old account anytime regardless of the time you open a new account with a  new provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need to keep the account active to be able to transfer to another carrier. This link might help https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Assuming you are currently with a different mobile service provider and are moving to Koodo, the answer depends on whether you plan to port your number to Koodo. If you do, you should keep your old plan active and advise your current provider of your intent to port out your number.  Wait until the number porting to Koodo has been successfully executed and then verify that your old account has been cancelled. If you do not wish to port out your number, you can cancel the old account anytime regardless of the time you open a new account with a  new provider.

what does it mean port out my number? I just transferred my phone number to Koodo, will I still be charged by the old provider?

Userlevel 7

My apologies. I missed your point regarding the transfer (a.k.a porting) of your number to Koodo. If the number transfer has been completed successfully, your old provider should have canceled your account, unless you have an amount owing. Just in case, verify with your old provider (online or via phone) that your old account has been cancelled and that there is no outstanding amount owing.  

My apologies. I missed your point regarding the transfer (a.k.a porting) of your number to Koodo. If the number transfer has been completed successfully, your old provider should have canceled your account, unless you have an amount owing. Just in case, verify with your old provider (online or via phone) that your old account has been cancelled and that there is no outstanding amount owing.  

Got it. Thank you