Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Disputing $10 subscription charge on bill


2 consecutive months i received a text from a third party charging me a $10 as a subscription from ifortune, i don't even know and subscribe to them. I called the koodo customer service regarding that matter, they gave a number and instructed me to text STOP to that number so that I cannot receive more text from ifortune regarding for the subscription. After a month, I still receive a text from ifortune that they renewed my subscription. How can i stop that text from ifortune? I don't want to pay a $10 for that I don't even know or I did not subscribe. And why they keep on texting me even if I texted STOP, knowing that number was given by the koodo customer service agent. Thank you

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... Call them again 1-855-896-0577, request them to STOP the services for your number and also to BLOCK it, so you do not get subscribed again... You can also request a refund to this iFortune company, insist and they will process something for you... This does not have anything to do with Koodo, Koodo does not subscribe your number to this, next time that you receive a weird text, just reply STOP right away using the same text message... http://ifortune.mobivillage.ca/web/info/
Userlevel 4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... Call them again 1-855-896-0577, request them to STOP the services for your number and...

That is the worst website ever lol I think an 8 yr old put it together.
no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nonsense application, I use itune for app. where I have track what I downloaded and needs my user id and password to download app. and this ifortune service automatically subscribe you and koodo happily charges me $10, I called them and report my problem they said this is not our problem, that's a third party company, your subscribed. I use pre-authorized credit for payment so I don't see my bill, when I checked my Oct bill found $10 charged , total charges are $70 (april - oct) on my account, Koodo knows they scam their customer, rather stopping them they charge their customer, when you complain them they misbehave (says you subscribed your problem). In my opinion koodo is also part of this scam because nothing should automatically subscribe you.
Userlevel 2
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

Koodo simply passes the charges on. Generally how it happens is your phone number was used prior to you getting it(or your number was entered online somewhere, NOT Koodo's fault). Yes, it sucks that you get stuck with the charge. You can call in and dispute it and most times, you're granted a 1 time credit and advised how to stop. From there, it's upon you to keep up to date with your phone & bill. Koodo is simply the provider of the service. They aren't the ones that are forcing the charge, the 3rd party company is. If you have a real issue with it, take it up with the company charging you (which isn't Koodo).
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

It's easy to say "it's sucks you are stuck with the charge". When you will go through the same, you will remember me and will feel, how bad it sucks. Thank you for your reply.
Userlevel 4
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

Koodo...ifortune. Two totally different companies. 3rd party companies like that charge the provider of the number that, somehow, got set up with that service. As such, the provider charges the customer the same amount. This is no fault of Koodo as to why this charge showed up. If the customer is informed how to remove the service adn a one time credit is given, Myke said it, "From there, it's upon you to keep up to date with your phone & bill." If this situation happens to me, to be honest, I would not be thinking of you. I would be thinking, "How can I stop this service?" I may call to find out the name of the company if the phone will not show. After that, I would go to the website of said company and find out how to remove the service. I would NOT blame the provider for the charge showing up as it was not their fault.
Userlevel 2
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

Paul, You should be look into how you were subscribed to iFortune. I think you are too quick to blame Koodo for being part of this scam. It is not in Koodo's interest to do so. If Koodo was actively participating in this scam, we would definitely see a tsunami of complaints about it on this forum -- your situation wouldn't be an isolated incident. Did you install this iFortune app on your phone and inadvertently agree to their subscription service? Did you give your phone to someone to use, or some child to play with, who then subsequently installed this app? This would seem a more plausible scenario than jumping to conclusions that Koodo is part of the scam.
Userlevel 4
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

Koodo is NOT liable for ANY 3rd party charges on the bills. Not one.
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

today I got a text from 511-1 "Koodo:Track your usage w/ the Koodo Self Serve app for free! Download @ http://koo.do/SSAPP" I am now worried, am I going to get another charge like ifortune????????
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

need help........can anyone let me know, how can I stop getting text msg from company like ifortune.... if this new text i receive is also like ifortune.... and start charging me I can't keep my cell phone active... every month i have to worry that is there someone charging me.
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

quasarito.... I didn't install ifortune... i remember i received a text from three digit number. and I deleted that text. after that I am charged.. I didn't think, a text msg can charge me
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

That's a message from Koodo to promote their self serve app. There's no charge.
Userlevel 4
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

Paul...go to the ifortune link that was posted. Look for a "contact us" link. follow those instructions
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

Timo Tuokkola... that text msg is a spam... not a koodo app promo....please check thoroughly before you comment. CHECK THE WEBSITE "HTTP://KOO.DO/SSAPP"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

Takes me to a KOODO help page with information about the KOODO self serve app. What about this is NOT a koodo app promo? Did you click the link or just decide that it's spam because it's been shortened to fit in a text message?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 2
Paul Gomes wrote:

no matter what Koodo says, they should be liable too... because I didn't subscribe, that's a nons...

@Paul: I've been on the receiving end of those charges. I know what to do and how to dispute it. Your point is moot.

Reply