Koodo Community
Question

Deceased Subscriber

Hi there,

My mom passed away and she has been a Koodo customer, now obviously I have to cancel her account. She has an outstanding bill/tab. I was the user of the phone since she's been sick because she wanted to hold onto the phone/service. What do I have to do/who do I contact to get this issue resolved.

Thank you for any/all help. 🙂

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
I am sorry to hear about that.
You would have to contact Koodo directly and talk to an agent about the issue and close the account. You can setup a call back through their digital assistant www.koodo.com/chat
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You may need to provide a death certificate or show that you are the executor of her estate.

Maybe sending Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter might be easier if a photo is required
Absoloutely ridiculous and shameful that I have been dealing with this for 3 weeks now without any resolve. Customer service...on hold forever, callbacks never happen and social media no reply. My mother was NEVER late with a payment and now she has an overdue balance. I would like this resolved NOW!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Absoloutely ridiculous and shameful and ridiculous that I have been dealing with this for 3 weeks now without any resolve. Customer service...on hold forever, callbacks never happen and social media no reply. My mother was NEVER late with a payment and now she has an overdue balance. I would like this resolved NOW!!!

You mentioned that you were "on hold"? if it was important to you, I would suggest you wait.

Also make sure you didn't block Koodo number on your device (1 (866) 995-6636), and your number can receive incoming call. You could also contact them via facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo)

Absoloutely ridiculous and shameful and ridiculous that I have been dealing with this for 3 weeks now without any resolve. Customer service...on hold forever, callbacks never happen and social media no reply. My mother was NEVER late with a payment and now she has an overdue balance. I would like this resolved NOW!!!You mentioned that you were "on hold"? if it was important to you, I would suggest you wait.

Also make sure you didn't block Koodo number on your device (1 (866) 995-6636), and your number can receive incoming call. You could also contact them via facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo)

for 1 hour +???

Sorry, I have things to do and it shouldnt take that long and scheduled callbacks? whats the excuse for those never happening???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Absoloutely ridiculous and shameful and ridiculous that I have been dealing with this for 3 weeks now without any resolve. Customer service...on hold forever, callbacks never happen and social media no reply. My mother was NEVER late with a payment and now she has an overdue balance. I would like this resolved NOW!!!You mentioned that you were "on hold"? if it was important to you, I would suggest you wait.

for 1 hour +???

Sorry, I have things to do and it shouldnt take that long and scheduled callbacks? whats the excuse for those never happening???

If you knows about the wait, then call them, let the phone there, come back 1 hour later.

Other way is to schedule a callback to a working number (any Canadian number should be good). Many did it without problems.

A Koodo customer, opinions are my own. <--- like that says, they are your own so keep them to yourself. learn to read my posts properly and understand them before you reply.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A Koodo customer, opinions are my own. <--- like that says, they are your own so keep them to yourself. learn to read my posts properly and understand them before you reply.

Well, hopefully you can read other people post also.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Absoloutely ridiculous and shameful that I have been dealing with this for 3 weeks now without any resolve. Customer service...on hold forever, callbacks never happen and social media no reply. My mother was NEVER late with a payment and now she has an overdue balance. I would like this resolved NOW!!!
They should be replying to private messages on facebook (usually in a couple of days for sure). Are you messaging the correct facebook page?
https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/

If waiting on hold for 1+ hours is not for you, then scheduling a callback is the best alternative. Make sure you are entering your phone number that you are using to answer calls and not your mother's number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
OpDid you get it sorted, @JonnyBoy ?

There is one other option, of you have full access to your mom's account and that is to port out her number to a prepaid account (no contacting Koodo needed) and then letting that expire.

That said I'm sorry it's such an ordeal for you, it is bad enough having to cope with the loss of your mother 😞
Userlevel 5
The Self Serve brand should allow Self cancel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Self Serve brand should allow Self cancel.
That's a terrible idea...I can see it now.
"I was trying to suspend my account while on vacation and now I have no service and cant login to my account or see anything and I think I may have accidentally cancelled my account"