Question

Dates on my first bill very strange

• 29 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Ok, so here's my situation:
  • ordered my Koodo SIM card online on July 22nd
  • activated and switched my phone number July 28th
  • received my first bill today, July 29th
My plan is $50 per month ($56 with tax), and today my bill came to $65.33. The breakdown shows $50 for my number and $8.33 for my temporary number (plus tax).

The billing cycle is (strangely) July 23-27th. Why? I see from the intro bill video tutorial that apparently my bill is pro-rated and I'm billed a month in advance. So why these dates? Also I didn't even start using my Koodo SIM till the 28th. So confused. Help, anyone?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I guess you get charged from when you ordered instead of when you activated the sim card.

As for why the dates, Koodo spreads out billing cycles from customers to customer throughout the month. You just happened to be the 28th.
So basically Koodo invoices for August service during the July "billing cycle"?

In other words, my next billing cycle will be July 28-August 27 and cover service for Aug 28- Sept 27?

I guess that makes sense... albeit a bit of a bizarre way of doing it imo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did you receive your sim in the mail? The sim should have arrived activated based on when they expected you to receive it.
It arrived pretty quickly, probably two days later (July 24th). I didn't realize I'd start getting charged before even using Koodo's network, hence I didn't switch my phone's card right away. Lesson learned!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So basically Koodo invoices for August service during the July "billing cycle"?

In other words, my next billing cycle will be July 28-August 27 and cover service for Aug 28- Sept 27?

I guess that makes sense... albeit a bit of a bizarre way of doing it imo.

Your current billing cycle is July 28-Aug27. You are paying for it on your July 29 invoice. SO you are paying 1 month in advance. Similar to cable or home internet billing.

So on Aug 29 when you get your next invoice, you will pay for Aug.28-Sept27 plus any overage that might have occurred during the July 28-Aug27 cycle that just finished
Ok thanks. Appreciate the help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@metucker Based on the responses here you found your answers, but don’t hesitate if there are questions remaining. Welcome to Koodo! 😀

@Goran SIMs are sent activated. Customers do not have to activate separately.