Feedback
Dates for Data use on phone different from Koodo's Data cycle dates for billing | Koodo Community
Koodo Community

Dates for Data use on phone different from Koodo's Data cycle dates for billing

• 7 September 2021
  • 7 replies

My self-serve sent me a message today Sept. 7th/21 stating I had used all my 100 MB data. It indicates my cycle started August. 25th. That would be correct if their cycle is used. Yet my phone always only shows data used from the 1st day of the month to the last day of the month. and today my phone indicates I have used only 14.59 MB. Therefore the message I received from Koodo was shocking. Therefore I went into my Self Serve and found out my billing cycle started on the 25th of August.Is it possible for Koodo to change its cycle to the one on my phone?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can actually adjust the cycle on your phone. If you go into settings, data usage, then you should see an option to select “Billing Cycle and data warning” or thereabouts.  Then you can go there and change when the cycle starts. Iphones reset manually only by you and require a 3rd party app to track.

I have an Android, Samsung A51 and it states that my plan may differ from my phones data cycle and upon attempting to locate a feature to change my phone’s cycle, there was none.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Badge +4

The interactive tutorial in the link below shows how to configure the “Start billing cycle on” feature on your Galaxy A51. Click on step 6 in the list. I would suggest setting a data limit of 80 MB as a safeguard against data overage.

https://videotron.tmtx.ca/en/topic/samsung_galaxya51/setting_a_mobile_data_usage_limit.html#step=7

First of all, thanks for your help but it will not work for my situation. 'Billing cycle and data warnings' do appear where indicated but the field below it to change the date is whited-out, as in, not highlighted, not clickable. My provider which is Koodo, not Verizon, does not avail me of this feature. So I'm stuck with it and I choose to stay with Koodo because it gives me most of what I need for the cheapest plan. Perhaps an in-store visit to Koodo may give me the desired outcome but I won't on it.

Badge +4

First of all, thanks for your help but it will not work for my situation. 'Billing cycle and data warnings' do appear where indicated but the field below it to change the date is whited-out, as in, not highlighted, not clickable. My provider which is Koodo, not Verizon, does not avail me of this feature. So I'm stuck with it and I choose to stay with Koodo because it gives me most of what I need for the cheapest plan. Perhaps an in-store visit to Koodo may give me the desired outcome but I won't on it.

Try turning mobile data on. The clickable areas may not be accessible while mobile data is turned off.

Hahaha I am out of data so I will wait until the 25th when it's back on at the beginning of the next cycle.

Interesting step, about turning on data  Thanks again! You are never out of suggestions! Lol