Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data use in switch to site from app

Using the old app never counted against my data cap. Will it be the same for the website now that they have gotten rid of the app? There is no indicator either way that I have seen, which almost certainly means it will be using up my data.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Our self serve site is zero rated Cory. So using just that will not generate any charges or count against your bucketed data amount for the month. You will see data flow through though but that's about it. 

Curious though, given that you are on a shock free data plan, what is the main function you are using it for. We send you SMS notifications to let you know your data use and stop you when you reach you monthly allotment. 
Userlevel 6
Bernard wrote:

Our self serve site is zero rated Cory. So using just that will not generate any charges or count...

Is prepaid self-serve also zero-rated for prepaid users?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Our self serve site is zero rated Cory. So using just that will not generate any charges or count...

Yes, same as our site for monthly users. 
Thanks for answering, I hadn't seen any indication about this in all the material about the switch.
I mostly use the app to check my usage on the go. There is a pretty wide gap between the 50% and 90% thresholds where you get those SMS notifications, and I like to know where I am in case I need to save more than 10 mb for later in the month. Maybe I won't do a search or check my Facebook if it means that I won't be able to email work later on when I am stuck in traffic. So if it was going to count against my cap, I might not check so often.
 I also use it to pay my bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cory Baldwin wrote:

Thanks for answering, I hadn't seen any indication about this in all the material about the switc...

Well, paying you bill just got easier then, given that, as you may have noticed you were re-directed to our site from the app in the last few months. 

Thanks for the insight on usage checking!