Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data Usage history

I want to see a detailed history of my data usage, because I was charged extra this month and I haven't been on 3G that much. Thank you

20 replies

Userlevel 2
You can check your data usage history on your Self Serve account.
Thanks, I checked it and I really didn't exceed my limit at all. I am on $60 monthly plan, why was I charged extra $12?
Userlevel 2
What does your bill sage on page 3?
CAN Data 1GB Unltd min $60 (Sep 26 to Oct 25).....................................$60.00 CAN Data 1GB Unltd min $60 (sep 20 to Sep 25).....................................$12.00
Userlevel 2
That's proration. You get that from switiching to a rate plan in the middle of your billing cycle.
But I didn't switch, I just signed up and the sales associate said there would be no extra fees.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Valerie Khalemska wrote:

But I didn't switch, I just signed up and the sales associate said there would be no extra fees.

This isn't an extra fee. Look at it this way: your $60 plan amounts to $2/day. In a regular month, you'll pay $60. But, since you were put on the plan 6 days before the regular billing cycle, you have 6 extra days to pay for (6 x $2 = $12). Koodo just combined the monthly bill with a 6 day bill. You're not being charged extra.
Valerie Khalemska wrote:

Makes more sense now, thanks a lot 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Valerie Khalemska wrote:

Anytime. If you ever have any questions/issues with your account (or your device), please come back and ask. It's what we're here for.
Userlevel 2
Yes, you signed up and were placed in the middle of a billing cycle. So you are charged from the day you sign up until the end of your billing cycle plus one month in advance. Again, this is standard.
Was that a one-time charge? And wow, someone should warn about these kinds of things when you sign up.
Userlevel 2
Well, it's pretty common knowledge among all service providers. If you had Internet or Cable TV, this happened as well. Proration will happen when you do a rate plan change/add-on change, phone number change, etc.
I see. Thanks anyway
Userlevel 6
Valerie Khalemska wrote:

I see. Thanks anyway

Where did you buy your phone Valerie? At a koodo shop?
Valerie Khalemska wrote:

I see. Thanks anyway

Nope at the Blacks store in Fairview Mall. The lady was supernice and helpful, but somehow she must have missed the info about the proration charge:(
Userlevel 6
Valerie Khalemska wrote:

I see. Thanks anyway

Yeah, she should have known, although I can't see Blacks selling a lot of phones so she is probably not as aware. How did you end up at Blacks anyway? There is a koodo kiosk at Fairview if I'm not mistaken. Did blacks have a super duper offer no one else has?
Valerie Khalemska wrote:

I see. Thanks anyway

Oh I didn't plan to sign up with Koodoo. I was at Blacks to print some pictures, and I just saw the brochure and talked to the shop assistant, who helped me to get a plan after all. That's how spontaneous decisions are made:D
Userlevel 7
yeah as said above its a one time charge since its your first month. because first month starts in the middle of the month.
Userlevel 6
Daniel Kim wrote:

yeah as said above its a one time charge since its your first month. because first month starts i...

Hi Daniel, please avoid repeating info that were already provided by other members. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

yeah as said above its a one time charge since its your first month. because first month starts i...

sorry! i refreshed my browser and i realized i was repeating what a lot of ppl said. im sorry to everyone on the forum. sorry guys.