Koodo Community
Solved

Data usage billing error

• 9 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi, I need to know how to get in touch with someone regarding  an error I have in my data usage.  I monitor my data usage on my phone regularly.  I have a 2GB limit, I cap it an 1.9GB for safety.  On my phone, it indicates I am at 168MB of usage, but I just received a message indicating I was already at 1GB.  I live on WiFi, I am rarely off it and I am not a heavy content user.  Outside of travelling outside of the country, I NEVER use this much data, so something is very odd.  I need to speak with someone regarding this, I don’t want to wait until I am suddenly stranded with no data left, or paying overage charges when I have taken the necessary steps to avoid that.  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by LabOgre 9 June 2020, 17:38

That's brilliant!  Thank you Timo Tuokkola, that was it. Oh, I can't believe I missed that...  🤦‍♂️

All fixed now.  Much appreciated, cheers!

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure your shock free data is enabled. Then at least data will stop and you won't get charged. Send a message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it sorted out. What do you see in self-serve for data usage?

Thanks Goren.

My data usage on my phone  (Settings->Connections->Data Usage) indicates a mere 198MB as of this morning, so the Koodo message that stated “You’ve used 50% of your 2048MB of data...” kind of shocked me.  Shock free data is now enabled, as is Data Saver on my phone, and I’ve set my Data Limit to 1.99GB on my phone as well, so I think I’m safe from charges.  Still I’d like to know why Koodo thinks I’m so deep into my data usage when I know I’m not….  I will Messenger them and see where that goes.

Thanks again, I’ll keep you all posted as this gets sorted.  Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure the billing cycle on your phone matches your koodo billing cycle. If they reset on different days the count on your phone will be significantly different from that showing in koodo's system.

That's brilliant!  Thank you Timo Tuokkola, that was it. Oh, I can't believe I missed that...  🤦‍♂️

All fixed now.  Much appreciated, cheers!

I have a data charge of 440.00 MB at a time I was not using my phone. Wifi was also enabled at this time. 

How do i get this corrected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have a data charge of 440.00 MB at a time I was not using my phone. Wifi was also enabled at this time. 

How do i get this corrected?

Can you start your own question since this thread is already marked as “solved”

https://community.koodomobile.com/topic/new