Koodo Community
Solved

data overage with phone off

• 16 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I received a text msg from koodo saying my data was u paused on September 12th as it was a new billing cycle( this happened last month too). Phone was turned off from September 13th until today the 16th. I turned my phone on at 1 pm MST to which I received 2 text messages from telus stating that I had used 90% of my data at 746 am and then at 838 am all of my data was used. How is that even possible when the phones been off for days? And why am I receiving messages from Koodo and Telus?!

icon

Best answer by nim4165 16 September 2020, 22:47

Self Serve ‘Phone Services’ tab includes ‘Usage History’ table which provides you with date stamped  details of calls and data usage. It will point you to the date and time when data usage occurred.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you go into selfserve and see if you have any data left?

I wonder if the text was from previous cycle notification and because you turned on phone today and they were delivered late.

Userlevel 7

Self Serve ‘Phone Services’ tab includes ‘Usage History’ table which provides you with date stamped  details of calls and data usage. It will point you to the date and time when data usage occurred.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone is it?  Can you check which apps are using all data? 

Go to setting > connection/mobile network >  data usage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you go into selfserve and see if you have any data left?

I wonder if the text was from previous cycle notification and because you turned on phone today and they were delivered late.

What phone is it?  Can you check which apps are using all data? 

Go to setting > connection/mobile network >  data usage.

And how do the 2 data usage numbers compare?

Userlevel 7

Koodo self serve ‘Usage History’ numbers will be higher than the phone’s ‘data usage’ as they include koodo’s network operational overhead data. Furthermore, koodo’s ‘usage history’  numbers (and not the ‘raw’ phone data numbers) are used to establish customers data use, associated cost and data overages.