Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data overage question

I am on one of the double talk/data plans from late last year, with a 2c/MB overage rate. I'm curious, is there any limit to how much data I can go into overage, or is there any additional penalty if I continuously go over my 200mb limit? I've been thinking about switching but from the numbers it seems like it'd be a better deal for me to just go into overage if i want to use more data.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
no limit, no extra penalties. Every time you go over koodo gets more money so they won't complain if you choose to do so frequently. As long as you pay your bill.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

no limit, no extra penalties. Every time you go over koodo gets more money so they won't complai...

thanks, i figured so, just remember seeing while skimming the T&C that koodo can terminate your account due to overages, but that's probably for people who go far deeper into overage than a few hundred megs.
Userlevel 7
If you're thinking about continuously going over your limit, wouldn't it be more cost effective to just switch to a higher data plan to be safe?
Jonathan I wrote:

If you're thinking about continuously going over your limit, wouldn't it be more cost effective t...

Ironically, no. If i'm under about 800mb (which I will be) then going into overage is cheaper than either switching to the 1gb plan or going with data saver.