Question

Data Block price increase

• 12 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi I'd like to schedule a call back please 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is your question? Can we help you here perhaps?

Hi so I've had a data block since I've joined koodo. I've never been charged for it in all these years, i am wondering why all of a sudden i am being charged for it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Pawz  Indeed, data block is a chargeable service now. Notification was sent out, the below  is your August bill:

You can certainly remove it online if you no longer needing it or  if you want to use your phone’s settings to block data. 

@Pawz  Indeed, data block is a chargeable service now. Notification was sent out, the below  is your August bill:

You can certainly remove it online if you no longer needing it or  if you want to use your phone’s settings to block data. 

Ok great thanks

Userlevel 1

Gee, would have been nice to be notified instead of the small print on the very last page of the bill. My account that’s affected is used by my elderly father who has very limited knowledge of data, etc. so it was important to block it instead of being charged for something he accidentally used. Not impressed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Tess Koerner An email was also sent to ensure awareness. The below is some of the content that was included in it:

Userlevel 1

@Bernard Koodo thanks for the additional info. I didn’t receive this notification email. Yes, I checked my junk mail. This doesn’t change the fact that what was once a free add-on is now user-pay. I’ve been with KOODO for a long time. The plan on this account is one of the originals. Disappointing that KOODO would not honour it now. I’ve always supported KOODO and have never had issues. I often refer the service to friends and family. I’m good. I don’t need additional evidence that KOODO tried to communicate the change. It doesn’t change anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Tess (and also Pawz), I don’t know how much you currently pay for your no-data plan and what is included, but you are not without options. Here is a list that I posted in another thread:

You can

1) pay the additional fee (yeah I know, that one is obvious haha),

2) remove the add-on and make sure data is off on your phone or

3) take a  prepaid plan where you control your data cost 100% (and who knows you might even get more and pay less than you do now)

Check out Koodo or Public Mobile prepaid, both equally reliable and great prices especially with some promos they are running now. Be aware though that prepaid only offers roaming in the USA, not the entire globe like a postpaid plan does.