Koodo Community

Community

data

I have the largest data plan you have. My phone is my computer. I keep going over my limit. Bigger plan would be nice and save me money.

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Out of curiosity, what would you like the limit to be increased to & at what price? It might be cheaper if you got DSL internet.
More than 2G. I don't care about price. But the over limit fees are killing me. I can't get DSL internet at my house I live WAY out in the country.
I'm sorry but we have unlimited almost everything when are we just going to get unlimited data
Userlevel 6
Kathryn Picard wrote:

I'm sorry but we have unlimited almost everything when are we just going to get unlimited data

I agree 2G isn't enough, I think 5GB should be the minimum these days. I don't think we'll see truly unlimited anytime soon though. By "truly" I mean without having the speed drastically reduced after you've reached a certain amount like other carriers do that boast they offer "Unlimited" data - sorry but in my opinion 1GB at LTE + unlimited at Edge doesn't count.
I've been with Koodo for 6 years. I don't want to but I can get the same plan I have now somewhere else for what I have to pay.
Userlevel 3
Kathryn Picard wrote:

I've been with Koodo for 6 years. I don't want to but I can get the same plan I have now somewher...

No carrier out there truly offers unlimited data. So regardless if you cancel or not it won't rectify the crazy overage rates with another carrier. As previously mentioned, your best bet is to get internet and if it's not avaialble use your data sparringly.
Kathryn Picard wrote:

I've been with Koodo for 6 years. I don't want to but I can get the same plan I have now somewher...

Not asking for unlimited data. Just a little more. As I said I live in the boonies. I can't get internet hooked up.
Userlevel 3
Would a mobile Internet device make sense for you? While not exactly cheap, from what I see those plans go up to 10GB. It's not with Koodo but should have reception in your area since it is with Koodo's parent company. Koodo doesn't have data only plans.
Finally an answer that's helpful Thankyou.
My friend is with bell and has 3.5G of data. I just need that one more She only pays around 60$ less then me with how much I go over. And really I probably only need .5G just to get me through the rest of the month I'm good unroll the last week or so.
Speaking as a consumer, if your current provider doesn't meet your needs, then you should look else where. Koodo has never been one to boast about big data plans, and I doubt they ever will. You may want to invest in a netbook with an internet stick.
Userlevel 3
KaneSlavik wrote:

Speaking as a consumer, if your current provider doesn't meet your needs, then you should look el...

Good call with the internet stick. But I heard the speeds aren't the greatest. But that's the next best option.
I've had one. Lol. However my laptop died. I'm going to have to switch carriers to avoid going over my limits
Userlevel 3
Kathryn Picard wrote:

I've had one. Lol. However my laptop died. I'm going to have to switch carriers to avoid going ov...

How will switching carriers avoid going over your limits of what you use your internet for doesn't change?That won't make a difference if you go to another carrier and pay overage with them too. I am a customer like yourself but your decision isn't logic.
Userlevel 4
Koodo has the $72 plan that has 3.5GB. The overage is at $5/250mb (not the best) but that might help. How has no one mentioned this?
Userlevel 3
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Koodo has the $72 plan that has 3.5GB. The overage is at $5/250mb (not the best) but that might h...

What will happen after 2GB of overage?disconnected for $50 data overage as per the CRTC. Plus any further overage on top of that lol. I guess depending on the price plan...... and the overage rate might be better off to leave the plan as is....
Userlevel 5
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Koodo has the $72 plan that has 3.5GB. The overage is at $5/250mb (not the best) but that might h...

I was wondering when someone was going to mention the $72 plan with 3.5 Gb. I doubt you will see any sort of true unlimited plan in the near future. Networks cant handle that amount of usage. Look at home internet, with some of them if you have a bunch of people in your area all going on your speeds slow down. And that's with a hardwired, dedicated, internet connection. If companies offered truly unlimited internet on phones, people would ditch home internet and all that traffic would go through cell towers.
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

We don't know what she wants, exactly, Rocky. She just stated she wanted more and used her friend who currently has 3.5 with Bell. No one, up until I mentioned it, has told her about the $72 plan. She stated she wanted a little more. an extra 1.5 is almost double what she has now.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

@Mark. That statement isn't exactly true. Video Gamers would never ditch their home connection for a mobile connection. Mobile connection speeds are terrible when compared to what's required for online gaming.
Userlevel 5
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Ive actually had people that are gamers in my store use their cell phone when their home internet went down and they said it worked well. I actually just did a speed test on both my home internet, and cell phone, and while my home internet downloaded faster(it better since im on the 50mbps package), my cell phone had a slightly better upload speed. And even then, most average users don't have the same requirements. With that said, my phone managed 19.14 mbps down and 11.46 up. That's fast enough for my xbox lol.
Userlevel 5
Hi Kathryn, have you check out our 5GB plan? https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html
See im on the heaby weight $94.00 plan with unlimited everything but only 5gb of data i rely on my cell phine as well as my computer. It helps me stay connected with my work, schooling and my social media. Mainly facebook (without the videos i have that turned off) and twitter. And i still go over my data a lot. It would be great if koodo had a bigger data plan. Id hate to leave because i love the company.