Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data

Its 10 days into my billing and i barely use my data but my self serva app say i used up my 300mb and 241 of the extra 250 when i dont even think ive used it yet what is going on!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aye, Gurman, that is not funny... when you say you barely use data, did you set your phone to only download/update/upload etc when on WiFi? You should install a data checker to see where all that data is used on... what phone is it?
Userlevel 2
I am so sure, if you go to settings > data usage you will TELL you have used all of those MB. Smartphones are fast! 300 megabytes can be used in 10 minutes if you are watching youtube or doing a lot of facebook.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xavier wrote:

I am so sure, if you go to settings > data usage you will TELL you have used all of those MB. ...

10 minutes of video won't be that much data. 300MB is pretty much IMO
Userlevel 2
Xavier wrote:

I am so sure, if you go to settings > data usage you will TELL you have used all of those MB. ...

I bet you it isn't. With LTE you can experience download speeds of up to 25 MBPS. So you can download a movide of 3.6GB (average) 20 minutes. 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xavier wrote:

Yeah, well by watching youtube or doing a lot of facebook you can't use up 300MB in 10 minutes. Youtube won't playback video of such a quality. The only possibility would be if he downloaded something from the web.
Userlevel 4
Xavier wrote:

After some testing awhile back, I have come to a couple conclusions. A 3.5 minute, standard quality video on Youtube would use between 5mb to 10mb. HQ video would use 15mb to 20mb for a video of the same length. Then again, that's my phone. Could be different on other devices. I agree with Robert on this one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xavier wrote:

Still, at those rates 10 minutes of HQ video a day for 10 days would use up most of the 550 MB mentioned in the original post.
Userlevel 2
Xavier wrote:

Let's not forget that there's different types of HD too. 720p & 1080P.
Userlevel 2
Xavier wrote:

I am glad I have unlimited data. Otherwise, I would be like this. What I can tell. Learn how to monitor data. Install some app or use the one that comes already built in. Even best, download koodo self serve app to monitor data use and you will be safe. Plus, disable data when not needed. Use Wifi if available and you and your pocket will be happy. Yey
Userlevel 2
Xavier wrote:

Unlimited data doesn't exist, so I'm curious how you have unlimited data.
Userlevel 2
Xavier wrote:

I will update an screenshot of my data usage for the month. So far I have used like 7GB. Don't be jealous Myke!
Userlevel 2
Xavier wrote:

Again, unlimite data does not exist. The first 10 days is to avoid accidental data usage, not to do as much data as you want. You could potentially be charged if you are purposely using extensive data.
Userlevel 2
OMG! I forgot. KOODO gives to all new customers free data trial. You are getting the first 10 days of service with unlimited data! So no worries! From now on, just becareful with your data usage. 😮