Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Credit card payment won't accept... billing address doesn't match?

Both the online and phone systems won't accept my credit card as payment. I get an error that the billing address doesn't match Koodo's billing address. I've just called my bank and had them change the billing address to EXACTLY match the Koodo one. It still won't work. I have used my credit card recently to pay other bills online and it works just fine. Koodo is the only one it doesn't work with.

I called Koodo customer service the other day and the rep was unable to help. She had left my case with a particular department that investigates such problems, who were supposed to call me back today, but I got no call. 

Koodo, this is crazy. I want to pay my bill. Get your shit together or I will be very happy to move my number AGAIN after only one month with your company.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It might have been better to change your Koodo info. You could make a payment through your bank ( you'll need your account number) or you may need to contact Koodo to sort things, as I'm not sure how quickly changing your banking address would transfer to your credit card supplier.
David wrote:

It might have been better to change your Koodo info. You could make a payment through your bank ...

David, I appreciate your advice. I have also tried changing the Koodo billing address. I have also tried making a payment through my bank, I get an error that the account number does not match Koodo's format. I have spoke to my bank about this as well and they say it is an issue on Koodo's end.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

It might have been better to change your Koodo info. You could make a payment through your bank ...

Did you just put in the 8 digit account number without any other characters ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Are you with ATB by any chance?
David wrote:

Goran, yes I used the 8 digit number, numbers only no other characters.
David, yes I am with ATB...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

ATB requires a 9 digit number. It may be listed in your self-serve, but if not, contact Koodo and they will provide an account number that will work with ATB infrastructure. A quick search of this community will indicate a number of other ATB customers who have also had this problem with their bank.
David wrote:

I'll give Koodo a call as soon as they open, not quite 9 in Alberta. I'm hoping this resolves the issue.
While I appreciate your help David, I still find it ridiculous that I can't pay with my credit card. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

I suggest trying to complete an address correction while you are chatting with the CSR.
David wrote:

Just spoke with a Koodo rep. Confirmed that my billing address does indeed match the billing address of my credit card. I did get the 9th digit needed for online banking. 
The rep took some more information and she said my credit card will work for my next billing cycle. 
I'm glad I can finally pay my bill. Thank you for your help.
David wrote:

waiting 2 months now and koodo still havent gotten back to me to fix this. until then- good luck getting my money!!! your self service site is pathetic, one of the worst i've ever experienced. Im now on the verge of moving back to Bell and let you chase your own tails trying to get my money. If you make it so difficult for your clients to pay- live with the fact that we wont pay our bills!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

You need to start a new thread instead of necroing one that's a year old please. I wouldn't refuse to pay the bill given what it'll do to your credit rating. Youre gonna have to give more details if you want help. You also have other options to pay with until whatever the issue is with your credit card gets sorted out.
Userlevel 3
If you want to get rewards from your credit card, and don't want to pay from your bank account, use Paytm until the issue is resolved (if at all.) Download it from the App Store or whatever Google's Store is.