Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Credit card payment issues

Hi I recently purchased a phone for my husband and am having trouble paying for the bill. It won't allow me to use my husbands credit card and the credit card I used to purchase the phone is no longer in existence. What can I do?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Lisa, for security reasons the firs six months or so payments can only be done with cards that matches the information in our systems. Name and billing address has to match. You can still make payments via your bank or use a card of yours, even if its new. I hope this helps! 
i experience the same issue. i tried with all of my cards , it's something wrong with Koodo payment system
Userlevel 6
Ramzeen Mohamed wrote:

i experience the same issue. i tried with all of my cards , it's something wrong with Koodo payme...

Does the billing address and name on the cards you are trying match the info Koodo has on file for your account? If not, they cannot be used (for security reasons, as Bernard stated). You can still pay at your bank with your account number, however.
Userlevel 5
Ramzeen Mohamed wrote:

i experience the same issue. i tried with all of my cards , it's something wrong with Koodo payme...

Hey Ramzeen,

Cory's right! The information on the card must match the information on your Koodo account. You can visit this link: http://koo.do/Joixyw to see the other paymentoptions available.
This is too bad!!! you should fix this situation ...  Why are they supposed to match?? I'm trying to pay for my bill since 3 days ago even I went to a Koodo Kiosk ... but same problem.
It's going to be impossible that both addresses match!!! .. every system has its own format to save the address .. i.e. Scotibank save your apt number with the pre-fix APT 103, in contrast to this Koodo just save the number of the APT .. how are they are supposed to match?? It's out of my reach... 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liliana wrote:

This is too bad!!! you should fix this situation ...  Why are they supposed to match?? I'm t...

hi Liliana,
It was strange to hear this.

Apt number is a common thing, It shouldn't be an issue as long as you had the street address correct. I would try to contact Koodo directly (call or send message to their facebook) to ask them to fix it.
Liliana wrote:

This is too bad!!! you should fix this situation ...  Why are they supposed to match?? I'm t...

I already called, I was waiting for assistance for about 28min then by battery died and when I called to *227 they said they are close by this time .. and tomorrow i guess i will have to pay an extra fee 😞 .. I really don't know what to do ... what a pain! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liliana wrote:

No, you don't pay a fee for something that you cannot do it yourself in selfserve like this.
Liliana wrote:

Thank you but how I explain something like that .. is there any place I can post this claim? Tomorrow I will try calling again and see if they can solve my issue ... I'm looking forward to do all my payments online ... 

Thank you so much Dinh !!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liliana wrote:

I would just start the conversation, saying that you were trying to pay. You used the same address on both your credit card and koodo account. But it didn't go through. You mentioned you have asked the forum and you wanted someone to fix the address in Koodo or help you to register the card correctly. You need to stress that you already followed normal steps in selfserve but it didn't work. Hence you are not expecting any $10 charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liliana wrote:

@Liliana, you  opened a line in less than a month ago. As mentioned above, in the first 6 months there are more stringent checks in our systems for credit card details as that's where most of the frauds occur. You have 2 first names and 2 last names plus you recently changed addresses as well. It's quite possible there is a mismatch somewhere between what we have and what the credit car company has. Likely the best to grab your account number and make a payment through your bank at this point. I hope this helps.
Liliana wrote:

Thank your response@Bernard. Yes, the reason because I changed my address was because I was trying to solve the error by myself that I was getting with payment so I keep updating my address (until I was thinking it would be the right one) but the error was still happening.
If you already know that this issue is happening (since years before) to many users like me, I guess you should improve your service by 1)Telling your representants (at Koodo kiosks) to inform/warn properly about this situation to new users so they can be ready to do the payment (by their own banks) before getting into this pain. Also, thinking in another way to do this better, they can even ask about payment method so they can do the proper account setup (including name registration - I did not know that just one name and one name last name should be considered) to avoid this situation.
2) Provide a workaround solution to pay by credit card online and exonerate any fee related about this issue.

Now, getting back to my case.
1) What should I do know? Is there any solution to my account setup? or I will have to continue doing this (bank payment) for the next 6 months?
2) If I pay by my bank, I know it will arrive in 2-3 days ... will I have to pay for any additional fee for doing this "late" payment?

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liliana wrote:

I totally understand how you feel. I really do. Unfortunately there are people out their with alternate motives. 😞 That is why the system was built in a way to do the best protection for our customers and us as well. This is not an error it was designed to look for discrepancies based on the information we have. 

It's not a problem at all to have names like yours. 🙂 I didn't suggest that. However, the likelihood for a potential mismatch is greater. 

We do take hundreds of thousands payments every month online. I would have preferred if our reps in the store signed you up for pre-authorized billing which could have prevented things. 

If you dial #227 during business hours one of our reps maybe able to register your card so you wouldn't have to pay via the bank, Pls do not attempt to make another payment. Too many attempts will also flag your card.