Koodo Community
Question

Crap Service

• 13 April 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a a complaint and as self help cannot address this issue I feel compelled to post here.

My wife wash charged $271.80 usage charges on her last bill.

She was under the impression that she was on an unlimited plan.

But on checking in self serve it appears she is on 500 minutes…

for $50.00 per month. Which is strange because you can get unlimited calls for $50 on other plans by Koodo.

One in particular offers for $50.00

• 5 GB of Shock-Free™ data.*,*
  • Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
  • Call Display
  • Voicemail
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling
  • Call Waiting and Conference Calling
  • Additional data $10/100 MB
  • Unlimited messaging (text & picture)*

However in the NITTY GRITTY the disclaimer says

Unlimited local calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. For Canada-wide plan, unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday.

So is it unlimited or not ? This is very confusing.

Secondly when you are risk of going over minutes why cannot Koodo email a warning that you are about to go over? Billing my wife a total bill of $380.58 is just nuts I feel like we are being ripped. off..

Great timing by the way I’m hanging onto my job by my fingernails my wife doesn’t work and we have two small children.

Oh and There is no one you can talk to right now just a useless online assistant.

So it looks like once our contract runs out we will be hunting for another cell provider.

One not vary happy customer...

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I suggest you send them a private message on Facebook and see if they can do something about your bill. Be polite… they have the power to say NO so try it with lots of sugar and honey first 🙂 Also, I definitely suggest you change to one of their unlimited plans - as you said, they have some deals right now.

On the nitty gritty: the $50 plan is definitely unlimited… no strings attached. That disclaimer is only for limited plans such as your current one.

Why do I typically have 1 bar of service on my phone?!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could be many reasons. Can you start  a new thread please so we can troubleshoot you?

Hi Sophia here’s my new thread. How can I get more bars of service on my phone? i have been hung up on twice today cause people can’t hear me? This is a brand new Huawei phone from Koodo. Why such bad service?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

On your previous phone, did you have better service? What about other people that visit your place? Could it be just a bad location, do you have better reception elsewhere?