Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cost of Damaged Loaner Phone

What is the estimated cost of returning a broken loaner phone? (HTC One V) Is it possible for me to just buy the phone at the $75 refurbished price?

11 replies

you will have to deal with them directly, most likely since its a cheap phone you will just have to purchase it, can't see it being more then the refurbished price.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PZABOY wrote:

you will have to deal with them directly, most likely since its a cheap phone you will just have ...

wouldn't the who reason of the deposit amount be that if you lose of break it they keep the deposit, so it would be the deposit amount?
PZABOY wrote:

you will have to deal with them directly, most likely since its a cheap phone you will just have ...

There was no deposit charged.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PZABOY wrote:

That's very odd, there's usually $150 deposit for a loaner phone that you get back when you bring it back to pick up your broken device after its been fixed.
PZABOY wrote:

I'm living in Nova Scotia and that charge is non applicable. The employee said up to $250, but that seems very pricey for a phone that currently sells for $75, and was released for $175.
Userlevel 4
PZABOY wrote:

A smartphone for a loaner (which the HTC is) has a deposit of $150 which you get back. If the phone is damaged then you don't get the deposit back. So, that $75 you mentioned about the purchase of it most likely would not be the case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PZABOY wrote:

OP said that there was no deposit charge. It may be that there's legislation in Nova Scotia preventing Koodo from asking for a deposit. I've had a similar experience years ago, albeit with Rogers. I had them send out my phone for repairs and they gave me a loaner (Nokia 5190), which I then lost. I had an old phone nearly identical to the loaner (Nokia 5125) and Rogers accepted that one instead of the loaner once I got my phone back. Maybe Koodo will let you replace the One V yourself?
Userlevel 4
PZABOY wrote:

Hmm...That's definately something I'm going to look into at work about the legislation for NS and loaner phones. It's either that or the OP got an amazing rep at the time the loaner phone was given 🙂 EDIT: I have looked at some documentation about the repair process and loaner phones. I did not see anything in regards to a provincial specific rule about not being charged a loaner deposit. That could be due to the documentation being out of date or the amazing rep scenerio I mentioned above
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PZABOY wrote:

Tyler, it's listed under 'b' for bill. I think it's under bill 65 for Nova Scotia. And I'm fairly sure that it will be a $150 charge for a damaged loaner smartphone.
Userlevel 6
PZABOY wrote:

Hi Tyler, please avoid to copy/past our internal documents 🙂 Thanks!
Userlevel 4
PZABOY wrote:

deleted. thanks 🙂