Koodo Community
Solved

Cost for receiving calls from Europe, also while away from home?

Hi, Is there any extra cost to receive a long-distance call from Europe within my included or free minutes? What if I am away from home, receiving the call from another area code, but still in Canada? It's going to be a long call. I have to be absolutely sure. Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Leila, The answer depends on the type of plan you are on... if you are on one of the newer nationwide plans, it won't cost you extra to receive calls from anywhere in the world. However, if you are on one of the older (iPhone or City) local plans, you could incur long distance fees 🙂 We'll be able to tell you for sure if you tell us the plan you're on 😃
Hi Sophia, It's a newish plan..Canada-wide talk and text with 400 minutes, free evenings and weekends. Leila
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
leilacools wrote:

Hi Sophia, It's a newish plan..Canada-wide talk and text with 400 minutes, free evenings and w...

Ok Leila, NO worries then... no matter where you are in Canada, incoming calls will never be charged extra. You can get a call from Mars if you like and it would still be within your included minutes 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
leilacools wrote:

Hi Sophia, It's a newish plan..Canada-wide talk and text with 400 minutes, free evenings and w...

Also if you receive a call during the free evenings and weekends, there is no deduction from your 400 minutes.
leilacools wrote:

Great-thanks!
thank you!