Koodo Community
Solved

Continual billing mistakes

• 3 December 2019
  • 26 replies

I receive three different bills from Koodo, one via my Self Serve, one via text and one via email. To make matters worse all three bills have differing bill totals. I wanted to reconcile the account so that I could get it set up for an automatic payment with my bank.

So on November 1/19, I spoke with Koodo customer service and the account was reconciled. I had nothing overdue, nothing outstanding going into November. I even asked if I can pay the upcoming bill as I want all of my bills (hydro, gas, internet, phone) all to be automatically paid, however the agent advised me to wait until after the billing date before I set up the automatics billing with my bank.

Then this month, I got the same three bills all with conflicting numbers (smh) so I logged into my self serve and it reflected a balance due PLUS an outstanding amount.

This is absolute bs so I schedule another call with Koodo, which was today. I explained to the agent the  hour I spent on the phone with Koodo last month to ensure that there was nothing outstanding and nothing overdue.

The Koodo agent acknowledged that it shows that I spoke to an agent on November 1st, but there were NO NOTES, so it is what it is....the bill is correct. I said then that is on Koodo because I did my due diligence to ensure that my account was entirely reconciled.

I asked to escalate the matter and file a complaint and the agent (Bemi) told me that she was it, that Koodo has nothing else for customer service, she was as far as it goes. 😳

O . M . G. Please tell me this isn't true. Help?

icon

Best answer by Manu Koodo 4 December 2019, 14:07

We received your payments as follows:

August 26th

August 26th

September 16th

November 1st

December 3rd

If you look at page 2 of your September Bill, you’ll see that the first 3 payments you made to us, cover the full amount of your August bill. Then we have September 21st and October 21st bills for which we only received 1 bill payment on November 1st. And then you cleared everything in December. Basically you skipped the October bill. 

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What did your PDF bill say in your selfserve? that should be the official one and tell you the detail of everything.

In your paragraph, all was about “mistake” but what was the the mistake? Did they increase your rateplan? did they honor your credit?

The bill states that there was $91.73 balance forward in addition to the monthly rate plan $72.80 $65 shock free with 8 G.

The Koodo agent last month assured me that everything was reconciled, that there should be no balance forward, just the rate plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would open your 3 latest PDF bills in  your selfserve. Open them and go to the page 3 (or 4). From there you will have a good record of what happened in detail with Koodo. You might pay late or close to the due date. Sometimes, some payments didn't show up because of it. You could also dial 611 and check your latest balance with some option there. 

If you complained without detail, it is hard to verify as most of us (customers like you are) don't have access to your account in the forum. 

Just a side issue.........is the customer service rep that I spoke too the LAST option for customer service? Can you file a complaint?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just a side issue.........is the customer service rep that I spoke too the LAST option for customer service? Can you file a complaint?

You can write here or call back to them yourself, ask them to make a complaint. However from your description, it wasn't clear to me if there was an issue. Have you checked your selfserve pdf bill? Did you check if all of your payments were there? And was all the billing correct? it wil save your time also. 

On November 1/19 the Koodo customer service rep explained, in great detail over the course of an hour, my bill that *they* see and was accurately reflected on my PDFs.

Yes, I have verified all of my PDF payments along with the corresponding withdrawals from my bank account. Like I said, the Nov 1 went through everything in excruciating detail, my account as is reflected on Koodos end.

My complaint is that there was $91.73 owing on November's bill that should not be there when I was assured by Koodo that my account was entirely reconciled on Nov 1st.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

“I receive three different bills from Koodo, one via my Self Serve, one via text and one via email.”

You receive your bill notification via text and/or email. Then log into self serve to check Ebill.

But if you change your plan, upgrade your phone or paid your bill close to your billing date, then Ebill might not updated when you received it. 

When is your bill date? Did you make any changes last month?

Bill date November 21, no changes

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, I have verified all of my PDF payments along with the corresponding withdrawals from my bank account. Like I said, the Nov 1 went through everything in excruciating detail, my account as is reflected on Koodos end.

My complaint is that there was $91.73 owing on November's bill that should not be there when I was assured by Koodo that my account was entirely reconciled on Nov 1st.

You mentioned about “reconciled”. What does that mean? does that meant they credited back you the wrong charge? or you paid them? did any of that show up in your PDF bill?  If not, nothing was “reconciled” at all.

Yes, I made a payment bringing the account up to date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, I made a payment bringing the account up to date.

Was the payment made close to the billing date?.  if you paid close to the new billing date, it might not show right away in the bill. You can dial *611 and choose 1. That should tell you the lastest amount in their system.

If nothing showed up, you might have to contact Koodo again. you could send message to their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or setup a callback and ask a rep to check.

So no resolution? I am NOT calling Koodo again just to have the same conversation I had today.

Shouldn't Koodo honor what they tell their customers? 

Why three different bills?

And it shouldn't take this much effort to pay a bill!!! Checking and re-checking? Come on, that's ridiculous. CRTC.here I come...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is only 1 bill. Those 2 (email/texts) are notification of the bill. I don’t understand you insisted you received 3 bills.

The forum isn’t a correct place to dispute billing. You have to contact them directly. You don’t want to show all of your personal information here publicly.

Is there a complaints department? 

Why the fark would I schedule a call with the SAME people? There has to be another level of customer service.

Regardless, shouldn't all three of the communique reflect the same amount?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post snapshot of 3 different amounts that you got (hide all personal information please)? Make sure it is from the same date.

I flagged this to Koodo.

Can you post snapshot of 3 different amounts that you got (hide all personal information please)? Make sure it is from the same date.

I flagged this to Koodo.

Because I said fark? That's pretty heavy handed donchathink?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I flagged this to Koodo.

What? no…. I flagged so a rep can check your complaint here. I am trying to help you. If it was Koodo mistake, they will have to fix it for you.

Badge +4

I flagged this to Koodo.

No, the flag means Dinh is trying to get an official Koodo rep to look into this situation further.

I flagged this to Koodo.

No, the flag means Dinh is trying to get an official Koodo rep to look into this situation further.

My apologies. Thanks for your assistance.

As for the three, I only have the one, being the PDF on self serve, because I hate clutter.

Regardless, they're never on the same date. I don't remember the order that they come in but it's always staggered by a couple days to a week.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

August 26th

August 26th

September 16th

November 1st

December 3rd

If you look at page 2 of your September Bill, you’ll see that the first 3 payments you made to us, cover the full amount of your August bill. Then we have September 21st and October 21st bills for which we only received 1 bill payment on November 1st. And then you cleared everything in December. Basically you skipped the October bill. 

August 26th

August 26th

September 16th

November 1st

December 3rd

And THIS IS WHY I called Koodo on November 1st to ensure that I was entirely reconciled with my bill and the customer service agent went through everything with me and reassured me that everything was up to date.

I am relying on your customer service people to ensure that if I don't understand my bills, they will assist me so that I can be up to date.

Conveniently, Koodo doesn't have the notes for that call. That isn't on me. That is on Koodo. I did my due diligence and was given misinformation. That is on you as the company to ensure that you are giving your customers accurate information when they require assistance.

THAT is my frustration. Koodo is taking **zero** responsibility for the wrong information that was given to me.....and to say that you don't have the notes for that call ALSO is Koodo's responsibility. Train your agents better and when they make mistakes, take responsibility for what they say because they are the face of your company.

I would like to escalate this to a claim or whatever the next step in the process is. Who do I contact?

So Bemi, the Koodo customer service rep., outright lied to me by telling me that she was as high as it goes at Koodo for customer complaints.

Koodo, the quality of your customer service on this issue was horrible. Not taking responsibility and lying to a customer is absolutely unacceptable.