Koodo Community
Solved

Connection Fee charged

• 11 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi,

While changing my network from Rogers to Koodo, the koodo agent confirmed me that they don't charge connection fee $35, because the connection fee will be charged if i have taken any contract mobile with Koodo. But i was simply switching the account. In my current bill, i have charged the connection fee.

Can you please explain?
icon

Best answer by Mats 11 January 2019, 22:43

If you sign up with Koodo in-store they always charge you a $35 connection fee unless there is a promotion going on at the time. If you sign up online this fee is waived.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A Telus Marketing representative assisted with transferring my mobility account from Telus to Koodo. This was a promotion and he informed me that the connection fee would be refunded on the next billing. I am now in the 4th billing cycle and have not received the $35 refund.
If you were eligible, that credit normally showed up on your 3rd bill. Have you received the 3rd bill yet? if you got the bill and the credit wasn't there, you need to contact Koodo directly and ask. Send message to their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or setup a callback.
A Telus Marketing representative assisted with transferring my mobility account from Telus to Koodo. This was a promotion and he informed me that the connection fee would be refunded on the next billing. I am now in the 4th billing cycle and have not received the $35 refund.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There was a promo going on that waived the connection fee for BYOD activations in December. If you were talking about this promo then it wont be applied until the second or third bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@MDU I would suggest that you talk with the sales rep and explain to you what he meant. And then if you are still not satisfied he or she should help you out with what they promised.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you please explain?

@MDU unfortunately, it sounds like the agent mislead you, whether accidental or on purpose. It's not hard to imagine that if you worked at Koodo retail location and were paid at least in part by commission, it would be pretty tough to suggest customers save themselves $35 by not buying from you but instead ordering online. I have to imagine there is some misleading going on in the field.
Badge +4
If you sign up with Koodo in-store they always charge you a $35 connection fee unless there is a promotion going on at the time. If you sign up online this fee is waived.