Koodo Community
Question

Connection Fee charged

Hi,

While changing my network from Rogers to Koodo, the koodo agent confirmed me that they don't charge connection fee $35, because the connection fee will be charged if i have taken any contract mobile with Koodo. But i was simply switching the account. In my current bill, i have charged the connection fee.

Can you please explain?

4 replies

If you sign up with Koodo in-store they always charge you a $35 connection fee unless there is a promotion going on at the time. If you sign up online this fee is waived.
Userlevel 6
MDU wrote:

Can you please explain?

@MDU unfortunately, it sounds like the agent mislead you, whether accidental or on purpose. It's not hard to imagine that if you worked at Koodo retail location and were paid at least in part by commission, it would be pretty tough to suggest customers save themselves $35 by not buying from you but instead ordering online. I have to imagine there is some misleading going on in the field.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@MDU I would suggest that you talk with the sales rep and explain to you what he meant. And then if you are still not satisfied he or she should help you out with what they promised.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There was a promo going on that waived the connection fee for BYOD activations in December. If you were talking about this promo then it wont be applied until the second or third bill.