Koodo Community
Solved

Confusion about getting a new plan with a previous remaining Tab Balance

I am currently on a $48/month plan (5 GB Unlimited Nationwide/International Messaging) and I only have $75 left on my Tab Medium Plan from almost 2 years ago. I have seen that I have an exclusive plan offer where it is $55/month for 16GB with Unlimited Minutes/International Messaging + up to $100 Bill credit for Tab Plus/Mid/Basic.

How would the migration process be if I am wanting to keep my phone yet I just want to pick a new plan that I was offered? Would I have to choose the Tab Mid because it has the same exact $15/month that I currently have in Tab Medium or can I choose a Tab Plus (up to $39/month) or Tab Basic ($10/month) as well?

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 6 June 2021, 14:01

You need to upgrade your phone to get that plan.

To do so, you need to pay off tab first. When you add a phone, the system will ask you to pay the tab balance off.  It will be on your next bill.

Then you also need to agree to pay back tab bonus if any. It will be on your next bill as well.

You can not just switch to a promo plan unfortunately.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need to upgrade your phone to get that plan.

To do so, you need to pay off tab first. When you add a phone, the system will ask you to pay the tab balance off.  It will be on your next bill.

Then you also need to agree to pay back tab bonus if any. It will be on your next bill as well.

You can not just switch to a promo plan unfortunately.

Hi @Mayumi ,

Does it mean that I have to purchase another phone using Tab in order to get the exclusive offer. I have similar situation where I have 70$+ left, I can pay it off, but I don’t want to change my existing phone. Can I still get my offer? I have been offered to have more data keeping the same amount that I pay currently.

Thanks,

Haq

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mayumi ,

Does it mean that I have to purchase another phone using Tab in order to get the exclusive offer. I have similar situation where I have 70$+ left, I can pay it off, but I don’t want to change my existing phone. Can I still get my offer? I have been offered to have more data keeping the same amount that I pay currently.

Thanks,

Haq

No, those promotion is only works if you upgrade your phone.

It's like Koodo give you a deal, but they want you to commit them another 24months. So you have to buy a new phone