Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Confused as to how the unlimited 5 pm/weekends work.

Hi, I'm new to Koodo and my plan includes unlimited evenings and weekends. I have two questions: can I call someone in another city without being charged extra (say I live in Lethbridge and the other person lives in Calgary)? And if someone in a different country called me during those times would I be charged extra? Thank you in advance for any help! Also, my plan is not Canada-wide (no idea if that has anything to do with this, but just thought I should add it since I saw other posts in which they related this to what kind of plan people had).
icon

Best answer by Jonathan I 24 March 2016, 01:26

Since your plan doesn't have Canada wide minutes, you can only call inside of your zone. Anything else is charged LD. If you leave your zone, then you can call anyone else in the current zone too. So if you go from Calgary to Toronto, then you can call Toronto locally, but Calgary would be LD. I know this can be a bit confusing. The evenings and weekends period doesn't count towards your allotment of airtime but that's it. It doesn't help with LD or roaming. Incoming is different though. As long as you're in your local zone, you can receive a call from anywhere in the world, and airtime still applies, however it's also unlimited minutes in your E/W timeframe.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Since your plan doesn't have Canada wide minutes, you can only call inside of your zone. Anything else is charged LD. If you leave your zone, then you can call anyone else in the current zone too. So if you go from Calgary to Toronto, then you can call Toronto locally, but Calgary would be LD. I know this can be a bit confusing. The evenings and weekends period doesn't count towards your allotment of airtime but that's it. It doesn't help with LD or roaming. Incoming is different though. As long as you're in your local zone, you can receive a call from anywhere in the world, and airtime still applies, however it's also unlimited minutes in your E/W timeframe.