Koodo Community

Complaint

• 16 April 2019
  • 4 replies

I cancelled my Koodo account in December and my notifications were set to e-mail bills. They never e-mailed me my last bill and I told them the reason I was cancelling was because I was travelling overseas. Obviously being overseas I never thought about the fact the final bill didn't come through. Now I've returned to Canada to try to apply for a loan to be told there is an outstanding debt. I contacted Koodo and requested an explanation and they stated they weren't able to provide me with the final bill. I then logged into self-serve and can see my last three bills there none of which were e-mailed to me. I waited on hold for about 30 minutes to register a complaint with a supervisor and mentioned that I logged into self-serve currently to which they rudely replied "well couldn't you have logged into self-serve at the time". Umm why should it be my responsibility? They had my e-mail address the entire time and never once contacted me regarding this outstanding amount which by the way is about $25. I was a bit annoyed which I said to the consultant already because aside from the fact that this is laughable that $25 would go to a debt collector after Koodo failed to notify me at all, then I further have been on the phone for 1.5 hours to try and sort this out and on hold for a really long time. I told the "supervisor" I didn't like their tone and the way they spoke to me and that it's not my responsibility and then they terminated the call. I'd like to know how I can register a complaint because this is disgusting and the fact that this much effort has to go in over $25 like seriously.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hey @RebeccaT - I would love to look deeper into this with you however, since this is a public forum we may want to continue the conversation in private since we need to discuss specific account details. When you get a chance please send us a private Facebook or Twitter message referencing this thread. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They don't send "bills" to emails. Only "notification" of the bill are sent to either phone number or email.

Here is the copy of the text in the agreement : "Koodo uses E-billing, so you must have access to the internet and a Self Serve account with an active email address. You'll receive notifications on your phone and/or at the email address you provided that your E-Bill is ready to view. You can set up your account and view your bill at koodo.com/selfserve."

When you cancelled, I wonder if they can send notification to email or not. If you set your notification to number, they couldn't as the number might be terminated. Generally, users have to check their bill in self service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well yes and as Dennis flagged it a rep will get to you. However, we still gotta be pro - active precisely for reasons like this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'll flag this to a rep for you