Koodo Community

Community

Solved

cleaning up my credit.

Have an old account with an outstanding balance, do not remember the phone number/account number etc. How do I get this information?

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Hmmm... usually those are the pieces of information they go by. You dont have any bills lying around somewehere? in your email? in your bank statements? Do you have the old phone, at least?
Userlevel 7
Mo D. wrote:

Hmmm... usually those are the pieces of information they go by. You dont have any bills lying ...

Or the old phone number???
Userlevel 1
Mo D. wrote:

Hmmm... usually those are the pieces of information they go by. You dont have any bills lying ...

She said she doesn't remember the old phone number, Chad. Use the Force, must you, Chad. With your third eye the number find.
Userlevel 7
Mo D. wrote:

I read other to time
Userlevel 2
Without the Account number or the phone number, accounts cannot be brought up. You could go into a Kiosk with photo ID and see if they can retrieve the information for you, but no guarantee.
Userlevel 1
Myke wrote:

Without the Account number or the phone number, accounts cannot be brought up. You could go into ...

I am pretty sure the first point of entry is account number / phone number, then the details show up and the ID is used to verify that you are who you are. Cos if I just put in a name/address and get all the other info, that's a huge privacy breach and i'm willing to bet that's not how anyone can do it.
So this puts me at a loss, I am trying to get my equifax report and unless I remember the exact balance they won't give it to me, with out the report I can't get the balance. The account is about 5 yrs old, I don't think there even is a kiosk in the city I live in.
Userlevel 2
Crystal Court wrote:

So this puts me at a loss, I am trying to get my equifax report and unless I remember the exact b...

Equifax won't give you your credit report if you wont' give the exact balance?
Crystal Court wrote:

So this puts me at a loss, I am trying to get my equifax report and unless I remember the exact b...

Ya, apparently to verify over the phone (to get online access) that I am who I say I am I need that info, even tho I answered all their other questions correctly including other utility type accounts in my name. I will probably have to do it the old fashioned way and get the free version via mail, by mailing in copies of my id.
Userlevel 7
Where did you buy the phone? Was it at a kiosk or a retailer? You could always try talking to the store you bought it from and see if their info is still in their database.
Unfortunately we live in a different city now.
Userlevel 2
Crystal Court wrote:

Unfortunately we live in a different city now.

Only other way would be to send in the request via mail.
I'm sure I'll get it squared eventually, thanks for all the input.