Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cheapest way to use a little bit of monthly data?

I'm a very light user of data (ranging between 0 and 10 MB per month)...with some months using no data at all! My question: what's more affordable: 1) the Koodo Pay-per-use Data (quoted online at $7.50 / 50 MB) ...if it's charged proportionately (i.e. if I use only 1 MB, am I charged just 15 cents?! or 2) The Data Saver (25 MB included) which is a flat rate of $5, regardless of whether I use 1 MB or 25 MB per month. Thoughts?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For both options you are charged the full amount for the bucket of data even if you use 1MB. so for option 1, if you use 1MB then you ll be charged $7.50
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The cheapest way to use data is prepaid, at the moment, Craig. You buy a bucket of 1GB for $30, however this will last until you use it up. Meaning that 10MB per month will literally cost you $0.30. However... all this is moot if you call a lot (calls are $0.05/minute on a $25 booster), or if you need to buy your phones on a TAB 🙂
Dennis and Sophia - thanks to both of you. Based on what Dennis states, it would seem the 'Data Saver' (i.e. 25 MB for $5) would be better for my low-use circumstances in comparison to the 'Pay-Per-Use Data' (i.e. 50 MB for $7.50). However, what Sophia states would be better still *IF* it's possible to add this prepaid data onto my existing MONTHLY plan, which I don't believe it is...unless I'm mistaken?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Craig Walker wrote:

Dennis and Sophia - thanks to both of you. Based on what Dennis states, it would seem the 'D...

Alas, prepaid boosters can't be added to monthly plans 😞 Would be marvellous if it could though! So yes I'd say you are best off with the $5 data saver... you're lucky it's still available for you as none of the newer plans offer any data addons whatsoever!
Craig Walker wrote:

Dennis and Sophia - thanks to both of you. Based on what Dennis states, it would seem the 'D...

Yes, I scored that $5 deal a few years back - seems like it's still the best for my circumstances! Thanks again Sophia!