Koodo Community

Charged twice for a phone

I recently bought an black iphone 64gb and it cost me 147.17$ which I paid entirely right away.

I woke up the next day to another charge on my credit card like I didnt pay for it the day before. I dont want to pay up to 290$ for my phone and I dont know what to do.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not really sure what happened as147.14x2 = $282.34

Can you check if the charge was a temporary authorization or it was an official charge with your credit company. 

Also, are you a new customer or you are an existing customer upgrading your phone? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sounds like you paid off an existing tab balance and then either had a remaining tab balance or an upfront cost on the new phone you purchased.

What phone did you get on what tab size?

I have two transactions ; One authorized but not posted and one posted which means that there is one still pending.

I had an existing tab balance to pay which was for 240.00$ but I understand that it was going to be on the next monthly payment which means that the charge wouldn’t make sense.

So tl:dr is

I’m an existing customer buying a new phone - 147.14$

There is an existing balance of 240$ for my google pixel 4 xl that I have to pay off

There is one charge of 147,14$ currently on my card that I paid off already 

and one ‘pending’.

the phone that I bought is the Iphone 12 black 64gb with the tab named ‘extra’

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have two transactions ; One authorized but not posted and one posted which means that there is one still pending.

I had an existing tab balance to pay which was for 240.00$ but I understand that it was going to be on the next monthly payment which means that the charge wouldn’t make sense.

So tl:dr is

I’m an existing customer buying a new phone - 147.14$

There is an existing balance of 240$ for my google pixel 4 xl that I have to pay off

There is one charge of 147,14$ currently on my card that I paid off already 

and one ‘pending’.

the phone that I bought is the Iphone 12 black 64gb with the tab named ‘extra’

When did you make this purchase?

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/iphone-12

From what I see in the link, the iPhone 12 64gb on the tab plus is $0 down. 

When you went through the check out. What did it say your upfront payment was going to be? 

I bought it the 2nd of june for 128$ plus taxes and 3 days later, the phone went free on the tab plus which I couldnt really predict.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the charge was pending, it could some issue with the transaction between the credit card holder and Koodo. It you didn’t pay or do anything wrong, that should disappear in a few days. I would suggest you wait. If that amount show up as an official charge, you can always contact them and ask for a refund.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the charge was pending, it could some issue with the transaction between the credit card holder and Koodo. It you didn’t pay or do anything wrong, that should disappear in a few days. I would suggest you wait. If that amount show up as an official charge, you can always contact them and ask for a refund.

I agree with Dinh here. It sounds like 1 is a charge and likely 1 is a hold that will get cleared in a few days. I wouldn't worry about it until the charge actually goes through.

Also you have 30 days for online orders if you want to return/price match the phone if it is on sale now but was not when you made the purchase

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone