Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Charged incorrectly?

Why am I charged twice for the same month? I have a couple of lines with Koodo, One of my line is charged twice. I got a new line on the 29th of June and my cycle is from 25th of every month until the 24th of the next month. When I go to self-serve and check the bill there's some charge from 29th of June until the 24th and there is an additional charge from 25th June until the 24th of July? I don't get this. Please advise. Thanks.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Most likely proration, as you added a line:

http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill
I have the same issue. I had 1 number when joined in May 2016. Ported my fido number to koodo same account. Got full monthly bill on both accounts. How does that work when only 1 line active at any given time, same phone, etc.?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ovais Khan wrote:

I have the same issue. I had 1 number when joined in May 2016. Ported my fido number to koodo sa...

I'm little confused here...

"Got full monthly bill on both accounts"
  - Do you have 1 line or 2 lines?

You open an account/line in May. Then you ported your fido number onto your Koodo account,correct?  (You didn't add a new line)

What is the date for those charges? For May, June July?
Is it partial charge + full month?
Ovais Khan wrote:

I have the same issue. I had 1 number when joined in May 2016. Ported my fido number to koodo sa...

I took a screenshot....maybe that will help.  (Sorry to OP i should have opened a new thread)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ovais Khan wrote:

If you download PDF file, what's  the date say there?
I just checked my self serve and date is off. ( it should say Jul to Aug since we pay our bill one month ahead)
Ovais Khan wrote:

Is it possible I'm still being charged because the old number is still active?  Because I have 1 page for the old number on the bill, another for the new number.  Isnt there a number I can call to check this out?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ovais Khan wrote:

If your old line got ported over, unless you specifically did it to transfer your number over to your current line, it's going to be ported as a new line. So if it's still active as you say, then you're paying for two lines. I suggest sending a private message to Koodo's Facebook page given the current long wait times over the phone.
Ovais Khan wrote:

I have only 1 cell phone.  Guess I will try the FB page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ovais Khan wrote:

You do not need to get a 2nd cell phone to port over a number. If you're saying your old number is still active porting over, then you have two lines that you're paying for.
Ovais Khan wrote:

I had 1 number from koodo.  I thought I replaced that number with a new number.  Anyway whatever is happening, need to sort it out asap as I'm paying for a line that is inactive.
Ovais Khan wrote:

Just called my old number... not in service.  Hmm.
Ovais Khan wrote:

Sorry I sent a personal message to koodo on FB.  Is that what I was supposed to do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ovais Khan wrote:

That's right, a private/personal message. Because personal info needs ot be given that was right.
Ovais Khan wrote:

Thanks Goran
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ovais Khan wrote:

Your old number means your Fido number?
If you have 2 sim cards, then 2 line can be active. But if you have 1 sim card, only 1 line is active.

If you only need to keep 1 line (number from Fido), you still have to call Koodo to cancel first line.
*611 from your Koodo phone, option 5 then press 0 to get a rep.
It wasn't bad waiting time today (about 15 min)
Explain them that you opened an account first ,then wanted to port your Fido number onto it. But somehow it seems you are getting charged for 2 lines.
Then tell them what you want to do. They will help you.
Ovais Khan wrote:

My old number (Fido) is active on koodo.  The original koodo number i was given is dead/inactive.  I have only 1 sim.  Thanks for the info on *611.